Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:43:15 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Bellows Free Academy
| |-+  BFA Sports Events
| | |-+  BFA-Fairfax loses more than game at Milton
« previous next »
: [1]
: BFA-Fairfax loses more than game at Milton  ( 3655 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 21, 2010, 10:26:44 AM »

BFA-Fairfax loses more than game at Milton
Langelier injury casts shadow over Yellowjacket win
By SHAWN CORSOW
Messenger Sports

MILTON — Given the circumstances, no one could rightfully expect the Division III BFA-Fairfax football team to upset unbeaten Division II power Milton on Friday night.

And the Bullets didn't dropping a 37-7 decision to the 3-0 Yellowjackets.

But it wasn't the loss on the scoreboard that was most distressing to Fairfax coach Mike Williams.

With 2:52 left in the third quarter and the outcome far from in doubt, Fairfax junior center/defensive tackle Joe Langelier went down with what is feared to be a torn ACL.

"We don't think it's good," Williams said after the game. "It's a big blow. Even though he's a junior, he's one of our leaders. He's a great kid. He put the time in in the weight room this year and it just sucks. He's a great kid and I feel bad for him."

Langelier's injury was the second in two seasons against the Yellowjackets. Last fall, in the season opener and the first-ever high school football game between the neighboring high schools, Langelier broke his arm and missed several games.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: