Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
August 19, 2022, 12:03:33 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Bellows Free Academy
| |-+  BFA Sports Events
| | |-+  BFA-Fairfax loses more than game at Milton
« previous next »
: [1]
: BFA-Fairfax loses more than game at Milton  ( 3122 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 21, 2010, 10:26:44 AM »

BFA-Fairfax loses more than game at Milton
Langelier injury casts shadow over Yellowjacket win
By SHAWN CORSOW
Messenger Sports

MILTON Given the circumstances, no one could rightfully expect the Division III BFA-Fairfax football team to upset unbeaten Division II power Milton on Friday night.

And the Bullets didn't dropping a 37-7 decision to the 3-0 Yellowjackets.

But it wasn't the loss on the scoreboard that was most distressing to Fairfax coach Mike Williams.

With 2:52 left in the third quarter and the outcome far from in doubt, Fairfax junior center/defensive tackle Joe Langelier went down with what is feared to be a torn ACL.

"We don't think it's good," Williams said after the game. "It's a big blow. Even though he's a junior, he's one of our leaders. He's a great kid. He put the time in in the weight room this year and it just sucks. He's a great kid and I feel bad for him."

Langelier's injury was the second in two seasons against the Yellowjackets. Last fall, in the season opener and the first-ever high school football game between the neighboring high schools, Langelier broke his arm and missed several games.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: