Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 05:18:11 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  No Big Snow Storm Here, But Down South WOW!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: No Big Snow Storm Here, But Down South WOW!!  ( 2009 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 05, 2010, 09:52:35 AM »

Heavy snow will continue into Saturday before winding down by evening. Travel may grind to a halt for a time, especially overnight and Saturday.

By the time the storm ends, many areas in northern Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and southern Pennsylvania will have over a foot of snow. Some places may end up nearly two feet of snow from this storm.

As the low pushes off the coast, it will strengthen quickly and produce very strong winds, especially along the Mid-Atlantic coast. Gusts between 45 and 50 mph are possible from southern New Jersey to the Norfolk area Friday night and Saturday morning.

Blizzard warnings are in effect for southeastern areas of New Jersey as well as much of Delaware.

Henry Raymond
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : February 05, 2010, 02:31:33 PM »

The last of the snow here in middle Tennessee is finally gone.  The area got anywhere from 6-10 inches.  Schools in some of the more rural counties are still closed.  Its understandable as the equipment here isn't equipped to handle it all.  I heard on the local news that there we only 30 vehicles to handle 5000 miles of roads.  And that was for just the metro Nashville area.  And some of the vehicles are not even dump trucks w/plows. 

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: