Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:48:37 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 1/25/10 and Blog- Rex
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 1/25/10 and Blog- Rex  ( 3700 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : January 24, 2010, 11:30:26 PM »

Monday January 25, 2010
Picture of the Day

The Mississippi River, taken by Anthony on their way to California. I am not sure where this picture was taken. When I find out, I will let you know. They are making great time. They left Saturday morning and Anthony posted on Facebook Sunday night they were in Fort Worth, Texas and were spending the night in a motel. More updates when I get them.

REX

What a day.
All of a sudden Rex started acting very strange Sunday morning. We took him to the Williston vet center, and found out he had bleeding in his abdomin from a mass in his spleen. After more x-rays and bloodwork, we found that he had no other cancer, they operated on him. We got the call after the operation was over that he was fine. Margie called tonight and he was taken outside, and peed on his own. One person who came on the late shift was surprised that he had been operated on four hours earlier. He seemed normal.
Sigh.
My sister and I share the house and Rex is basically the kid. He's one of a kind. And hopefully he will be OK. We should have him back in a day or so.
Place is kinda empty without him.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
slpott
: 457

« #1 : January 25, 2010, 07:40:36 AM »

OMG, Mike, I am so very sorry. I am a dog lover and ,they are,  just like your kids. They are your best friend too. I even miss my dogs when I am out shopping too long. Please know that I will keep you and yours in my thoughts. Positive thinking.
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #2 : January 25, 2010, 10:49:39 AM »

Glad to hear Rex is doing okay.  My wife and I have no kids, but our pets are like kids.  2 cats and dog....and that little dog is smarter then some kids I knew...including me!

And I think Anthonys pick of the mighty Mississippi, was near Memphis, Tenn.....

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : January 25, 2010, 07:04:55 PM »

Rex is home.

Margie went and got him this afternoon. He is stretched out on his bed on the floor and resting. He was very docile all day for the staff at the vet hospital, but when Margie showed up he was wagging his tail and wanted OUT.

Thanks for all the support!!

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: