Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:16:57 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Article 3: Trash Talk
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: Article 3: Trash Talk  ( 24808 )
BHA
: 14

« #30 : March 12, 2016, 04:04:50 PM »

Thanks for the update mrs.freddie

Clearly we don't buy enough 'stuff' (or maybe don't clean out often enough ;) )

What the heck are people putting out at the curb every week to generate that much volume? I can't imagine filling a 30 gallon can weekly let alone a 64 gallon can. If I were to flatten out the "mostly air" things in the trash, the 30 gallon can wouldn't be 1/4 full most weeks. And most weeks 2 of the small blue bins of unflattened (except cardboard) recycles is plenty.
nhibbard
: 393

« #31 : March 12, 2016, 07:08:29 PM »

Remember that not all households are the same. It is by household not person. One person is not the same as a 4 or 8 person household.
mirjo
: 785

« #32 : March 12, 2016, 10:19:35 PM »

I have to say, of the many years I've lived here, I've never seen Fairfax's  trash collection get this much scrutiny and calculation. It's always just slipped by fairly unnoticed, because people liked having the town take care of hauling the trash away--and apparently a majority of voters still feel that way--but this shift has been interesting to witness, when it was not mentioned for years.

Is the focus due to the law that's been enacted and the fact that residents  generating trash above a certain amount have to pay more for it?

Having a discussion about such things is definitely a good idea, but after so many years, it's surprising to see the conversation re: taxes and rental units and just wondering what is so different now that has prompted this? The new law, so many new rentals? (Taxes go up every year, regardless, so it would seem a bit of a non sequitur)

Any insight anyone? MK?

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #33 : March 13, 2016, 12:08:21 PM »

mijo

It is a significant increase with the ACT 148 coming into full force. Which I believe stirred up the point why is this not a line item on taxes vs a % of your assessment. Which I think is a great point to be fair across the board for paying for your trash in my opinion. You have an apartment building with 5 units, you should pay for 5 parcels of trash.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
: