Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:56:55 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Eat Local Fundraiser in Westford
« previous next »
: [1]
: Eat Local Fundraiser in Westford  ( 3597 )
markdrapa
: 19

« : October 22, 2012, 12:34:07 PM »

The Westford School PTO has just started their unique "Eat Local Fundraiser" featuring great deals on some favorite local foods.  This is organized and run by parent volunteers so 100% of the profits go to enrichment activities at the school, all while helping to support local producers and keep your money close to home.  Best part?  All prices are at or below suggested retail!

check out westfordpto.myshopify.com to see.  You can even order securely online.

What will you find?
  • Discount certificates to Sweet Clover Market and Mimmo's in Essex ($20 for $10)
  • Vermont Smoke and Cure products
  • American Flatbread frozen pizzas
  • Vermont Cookie Love frozen dough
  • It's Arthur's Fault sauces, dressing, and chutney
  • Vermont Nut Free Chocolates
  • Cabot cheese
  • Vermont Coffee Company coffees
  • Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream
  • local Maple Syrup
  • Shipping included gift boxes for Christmas delivery
  • ...and more!

Stock up your freezer or order for holiday gift giving. 

The fundraiser runs through October 30th.  Item pickup will be November 15th from 3pm-6pm at Westford School (not far from the town common and 128). 

I'm one of the volunteers, so I'm just spreading the word to try to make this a big success.  Take a look--there really are some good foods that match or beat Price Chopper and Hannaford's pricing.  Another neat part of this fundraiser is that we don't offer prizes or sales incentives to children, and we ask that children don't solicit at all.  By trying to be fair, we're hoping to reach a wider audience and keep our students' attention on what really matters at school. 

Thanks for reading.
trussell
: 870

« #1 : October 23, 2012, 08:18:17 AM »

This looks like a great fundraiser and appears to be laid out very well! Great job!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : October 23, 2012, 08:44:26 AM »

I agree with Trevor!!  What a super idea too!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
markdrapa

« #3 : October 23, 2012, 01:30:23 PM »

Thanks for the kind words.  We're all very proud of this effort to support the school.  Equally important, it's a nice reminder of what an incredible state we live in.  World class products, producers, businesses...all willing to work together towards a common goal. 

Traffic and orders to the site indicate that we're on to something...many thanks to everyone who is participating. 

markdrapa

« #4 : October 27, 2012, 06:29:56 AM »

We're heading into the home stretch.  Orders are due by Tuesday the 30th. 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: