Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 11:03:48 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Home Invasions - Just A Word Of Warning
« previous next »
: [1]
: Home Invasions - Just A Word Of Warning  ( 5437 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 14, 2010, 07:38:14 AM »

You never quite know who is watching your house - A week or so ago, I saw a car driving up and down the road very slowly and it did this several days in a row.  It definitely was not a normal thing.  I mentioned it to Mary Kay and she told me she noticed the car also.  She has a good view up and down the road and said she saw it stop up at Larry Youngs just up the road and take a picture of the barn.  I haven't seen the car since, but was determined the next time I saw it, I was going to jump in my car, follow it and get its license plate.

Just down the road from me also on a couple of different occasions, I saw an out of state car parked with its blinkers on just before the Wilkins/Shepardson Hallow/Fletcher Road intersection.  Again, I should have stopped and got the license plate number and turned it in, however, I didn't.  One of the local neighbors, however, did and it was discovered that the car was there doing a traffic count.

Back when Maryann died, JoAnne Wilkins contacted me and offered to house sit for me during the funeral. I had not given any thought to that, but that is an ideal time for people to do a home invasion if they wish and clean out the house.  Not that I have anything of value at my house, but am glad she thought of it as I do have a number of things with sentimental value that could not be replaced.

Last night on Channel 3, they had the following story about a house being ransacked after a guy died out in Williston:

Home invasions often touch a very personal nerve.

"We thought we lived in a town where you didn't have to be concerned about locking your doors," said Debbie Lawrence of Williston.

Nancy Bushey and Debbie Lawrence just buried their father. And they believe on the day of Peter Senna's funeral someone broke into his house -- stealing a large amount of cash, coins and collectible guns.

"Our dad worked hard for the things that he had," said Lawrence, "He's lived in his house for 84 years. He's been in this community all his life. It's just such a blow that this would happen to him. It's just devastating."

Last Tuesday Debbie entered her father's house in Williston to get a ball cap to bury him in. Her childhood home was untouched. The family then returned to the home on Saturday to find it had been ransacked.

"My father's house not only gotten broken into," said Nancy Bushey of Williston, "We lost our dad. We were going through grieving with my dad and now we've lost items that we aren't going to get back."

You can read more on the story here as to just what happened:

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=13148036

Henry Raymond
Suzy
: 429

« #1 : September 14, 2010, 07:44:12 AM »

Jeesh, that's just terrible!

Word of warning:  I'll be driving slowly on the back roads of Fairfax soon, and I'll probably have a camera in one hand, and a maple donut in the other.  Please don't call me in, I'll just be taking photos and walking around.  I promise to smile and wave.  (I can't wait!)  The leaves are starting to change here in Wyoming.  I'm sure they'll be gorgeous in VT when I'm there!  Sooz EQ
Mummy
: 280

« #2 : September 14, 2010, 07:46:54 AM »

Did you hear about the robbery off of Chaffee Rd a week or two ago?  I think of a Home Invasions when you are in the home.  Is that wrong?  I'll have to look that one up. 
al brodeur
: 216

« #3 : September 14, 2010, 03:26:13 PM »

a added note, my neighbor  called the ambulance for his wife and when they were leaving the police officer asked him to double check all the doors and make sure that thay were locked.
it seems like just last week there were two instances of house break ins after an ambulance call, these fine people use their scannerso line up homes to hit

funerals are also listed in the papers which gives some a list of potential  "donors"

also a few years ago at the wifes grandpa's funeral after the trip to the cemetery all the vehicles returned to the funeral home where the funeral director was pulling some ole gals out of the cars  before we all went reception , and when he was asked about what he was doing he informed us that these ole gals were regulars at all the funerals where they would return to the home and who knows what momentoes were taken.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #4 : September 14, 2010, 05:03:40 PM »

As much as I cruise the roads I never luck out and see these suspicious characters!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #5 : September 14, 2010, 05:45:53 PM »

can i call your cell and tell you when i see one?
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #6 : September 14, 2010, 07:22:24 PM »

Hell yes you can!! give me a plate number to so I can figure out who it is!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Travis
: 141

« #7 : September 15, 2010, 01:53:08 PM »

I just saw an older blue Jeep Cherokee with brown trim and what looked to be New Hampshire plates stopped in front of my neighbor's house and I think taking pictures. I couldn't get the plate number before he took off.
Mummy
: 280

« #8 : September 15, 2010, 04:01:36 PM »

Good reason to have a dog!
monte198
: 79

« #9 : September 15, 2010, 04:40:13 PM »

This time of year there are a abundance of vehicles on our roadways.  Leep peeper or potential burglar better safe than sorry.  I did happen to run into a suspicious vehicle the other day, turned out to be an insurance agent taking photos of the property.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: