Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 01:08:01 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Where to go for breakfast?
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Where to go for breakfast?  ( 9900 )
gpdvt
: 56

« : December 13, 2009, 08:05:28 AM »

So other than Nana's and the place below Handy's toyota are there any other decent spots for breakfast now that CP has closed? Milton? Georgia?
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : December 13, 2009, 09:12:31 AM »

158 Main in Jeffersonville has a fantastic breakfast - It might be a good idea to call them to check their hours before you drive over.

http://www.158main.com/index.html
« : December 13, 2009, 09:27:33 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
gpdvt

« #2 : December 13, 2009, 09:23:20 AM »

Thanks, Henry
slpott
: 457

« #3 : December 13, 2009, 10:56:03 AM »

I heard today that 158 may take over where the country pantry is. That would be wonderful. I love their food and the whole friendly atmosphere that they offer. Can anyone confirm that? They have my vote
gpdvt

« #4 : December 13, 2009, 11:39:53 AM »

that would be great if they come to town. Bit pricey, but man o man the raisin toast(basically a 1/2 loaf of bread) with maple ganache was out of this world! My fillings are still shaking from all that sweet goodness!
Jim M
: 20

« #5 : December 13, 2009, 03:31:19 PM »

There's more to the food business than just a Sunday breakfasthttp://

With Nan's, Minor's & the Steeple all offering stuff ready to go it makes me wonder if there
     would be enough of a "sit down" crowd left to patronize the place enough to for it make a profit?????

Hang Up:   You're NOT driving a 'phone booth.
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #6 : December 14, 2009, 08:52:11 AM »

Oh I'm POSITIVE anything that offers value, a clean, friendly, family-orientated environemnt where locals can gather will do well.  I imagine Foothills is pickign up some of the morning lounger business already.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Judi
: 508

« #7 : December 14, 2009, 08:06:21 PM »

It would be wonderful if foothills would move into the pantry, so much more room and they have wonderful food, yes pricey but wonderful!
trussell
: 870

« #8 : December 15, 2009, 08:56:35 PM »

Insert Quote
It would be wonderful if foothills would move into the pantrY

But then would they need to be referred to as "Top-Of-The-Hill Bakery"???  I agree though, that would be a nice place for them!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Henry
Administrator

« #9 : December 15, 2009, 09:11:33 PM »

The Foothills Bakery attracts a lot of tourists - I would hate to see it replace a regular restaurant, which is what we need in addition to what we have available now.

Henry Raymond
Judi
: 508

« #10 : December 16, 2009, 08:39:28 AM »

Henry, they may attract a lot of tourists as you said, what is wrong with that?  They attract many many local residents as well.
Henry
Administrator

« #11 : December 16, 2009, 08:54:21 AM »

There is nothing wrong with it, I just feel we need a variety to choose from.  If Foothills were to take over the Country Pantry, then there would be no regular restaurant in town.  For me, the best I have heard so far is 158 Main leasing it, however, that is just my opinion.

Henry Raymond
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #12 : December 16, 2009, 10:49:14 AM »

I heard a group of folks talkign this am at minors that Indeed the owner of 158 is the person showing interest/working to secure the least.  The rumor is that it'll be open for business by mid to end of january.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #13 : December 19, 2009, 05:34:28 AM »

My favorite breakfast place is OUR KITCHEN.

Open the fridge,,,, select your customized ingredients.... heat a pan, POW...... breakfast.

Up here the games come on early.

So I will be enjoying MY breakfast as the BUFFALO BIILLS beat the HEAVY handed Brady!
And the JETS will win to ELIMINATE  the Patties for a play off spot.

ALL of THAT aside...
Would it not be AWESOME to see the Colts and Saints in the Superbowl??????????????????
\Whatta game it could be!
msm
: 211

« #14 : December 19, 2009, 08:26:09 AM »

Yo Mike --- I'm curious  ---- What's the temp in the tundra today ??

Mike M
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: