Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:27:47 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 6/10/09 and Blog- The Very Long Day
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 6/10/09 and Blog- The Very Long Day  ( 3956 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : June 10, 2009, 12:04:32 AM »

Picture of the Day June 10, 2009

Margie parked her Beetle in front of the Staehouse Tuesday.

THE VERY LONG DAY
Got an early start and headed down to Montpelier just after 8am. Got there a little after 9. Margie parked right in front of the Statehouse. I had taken my camera, and I think it's a really neat shot.
We both applied for the enhanced ID. You need your current photo ID, birth certificate, original, non-laminated social security card, and a couple of verifications of residency in Vermont. I took my Dish Network bill, and homeowners insurance bill, and a billing statement from BC/BS. Answered a few questions, things went smoothly. They will send me my card within 7-10 days. I hope.
Next Friday, June 19, we are racing in Ransomville, NY near Nigara Falls, and then the next night back for the rained-out Merrittville show across the border.
You can come back across the border without an enhanced ID, but you have to have birth certificate, and other documents, and go inside and answer questions. It takes a little while, but you can cross, the lady at the DMV said. She suggested calling the border patrol out there and explain that my card is coming and what documents will I need to come back across.
I want to go, but I don't want to make the entire race team wait for an extended period of time because of me.
I just hope it gets here.
Went to a friend's house for lunch after we left the DMV, and came home.
I then put in a full 8 hours at school.
Never logged onto the computer and checked my usual sites until almost 11:30pm.
So now at 1am, it's time for bed.
I really like today's picture. I just wish the sun was shining.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Judi
: 508

« #1 : June 10, 2009, 06:12:16 AM »

Mike, photographs taken in the rain brings out the best and richest colors most of the time. You have wonderful colors with the dome, flowers and Margie's car. I really think it is great.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : June 11, 2009, 06:43:52 AM »

That is a very nice photo, Mike.

Thank you for all the photos that you take
and we enjoy !!!

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : June 11, 2009, 06:48:19 AM »

I agree with Chris - Great Vermont (vere mont) photo.  Notice those greens.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: