Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:35:46 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Library Announcements
| | |-+  Fairfax Community Library Happenings in August
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Community Library Happenings in August  ( 562 )
Fairfax Librarian
: 870

« : July 27, 2023, 04:15:08 PM »

Fairfax Community Library Programs in August

Youth Events
Tuesday, August 1, 3 pm: Lego Club
Kids ages 6+ enjoy themed Lego play after school. Please register.

Wednesday, August 2, 1 pm: Sock Doughnuts
Make squishy doughnut out of a sock! Materials provided. Ages 8+ Please email libraryfairfax@gmail.com or call 849-2420 to register!

Wednesdays, August 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30 at 10:30 am: Preschool Story Time
Join us for stories and songs! Children's books will be available to check out as well. Before you leave, pick up an activity to make at home!

Wednesday, August 9, 1 pm: Magic Wand Making
Decorate your very own magic wand! Materials provided. Ages 8+ Please email libraryfairfax@gmail.com or call 849-2420 to register!

Wednesday, August 23, 3 pm: Paper Bag Book
Make a cute little book out of a paper bag! Materials provided. Please email libraryfairfax@gmail.com or call 849-2420 to register!

Adult Events
June 24 - August 11: Summer Reading Challenge for Adults
Sign up online, or in person at the library, and pick up your summer reading bingo sheet. Check off boxes by completing reading challenges until you get a bingo. Once you get a bingo, bring your sheet into the library to claim a prize and be entered into a drawing for a bigger prize at the end of the summer. You are able to claim more than one bingo, so after claiming your first prize, feel free to take your sheet back and complete more challenges!

Thursday, August 24, 4 pm: Library Book Club
The book this month is This is How it Always is, by Laurie Frankel. Book club will meet in the library. A Zoom link will be available for anyone who wants to attend remotely. If you would like to borrow a copy of the book, or request the Zoom link, please contact the library at fairfaxlibrarian@gmail.com or call us at 849-2420. All are welcome!

Family Events
Friday, August 11, 4 pm: Summer Reading Finale with The Swing Peepers
The Summer Reading Program is coming to a close! To celebrate all of the reading you've done this summer, join us at the library for treats, the prize drawing, and a performance from The Swing Peepers! The show will be held in the Multi-Purpose Room. No registration required.

For up-to-date information about library programs, visit https://fairfaxvtlibrary.org
: [1]  
« previous next »
: