Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:28:47 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 2/18/10 and Blog- The Olympics
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 2/18/10 and Blog- The Olympics  ( 3765 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : February 18, 2010, 12:21:40 AM »

Thursday February 18, 2010
Picture of the Day

The Fairfax Pharmacy is getting stocked up for Easter.

THE OLYMPICS
Got home Wednesday night in time to see Shaun White get a gold medal in the snowboarding half-pipe. Kid is insane. It is amazing the stunts these kids can do. I doubt I could even balance myself on a snowboard.
There has been a little bit of a controversy about the outfits they are wearing. The snow pants look like jeans. Margie was saying that they look fine. And combined with the flannel style tops, they look like a bunch of kids snowboarding in Vermont.

Curling is back on TV. I am able to watch some of it before I go to work. I always find the womens team interesting. Any other Olympics winter sports, you have these young girls in their prime. The womens curling team look like a bunch of housewives. Same with the men's team. Just your average bunch of guys. They all have regular jobs when they are not curling. None of them are really professional athletes like the skiers or the snowboarders. Makes me think, Hey, I could do that! Yeah, right. I would most definitely keep falling on the ice.

I need to get some more lamp oil for my torch. I light it first thing when I get up in the morning.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
trussell
: 870

« #1 : February 18, 2010, 09:31:52 AM »

Mike,

I think it's great that you have the torch going.  Thanks for your dedication!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : February 18, 2010, 11:33:04 AM »

Letterman had a great top ten on curling last night.
Good to have you and the torch back, Mike.

I hope Rex is doing better.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: