Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:13:36 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Pictures of the Day 6/26/09 and Blog- Death Times Three
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pictures of the Day 6/26/09 and Blog- Death Times Three  ( 3161 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : June 25, 2009, 11:08:48 PM »

Pictures of the Day June 26, 2009

Hartford High School, north of White River Junction, site of the Annual Custodians Convention

DEATH TIMES THREE

Strange how things comes in threes.
The last three days, three very famous people have passed away.
Ed McMahon died on Tuesday.
Farrah Fawcett died Thursday afternoon.
Then the bombshell.
Michael Jackson.
I had just gotten home from the Custodians Convention in Hartford, VT. After I watched the weather on WCAX, I shifted around a little, and ended up on CNN. They had a report that the King of Pop had died. I switched to KTLA-Los Angeles, and they were covering it, too. I spent most of the evening junping around the Dish, to get reactions from everywhere.
Seems kind of surreal. He just collapsed and died.
Enormous talent, bizarre lifestyle.
In the end, I think I will remember him during the early days, through the Thriller album.
Like when I think of Elvis Presley, I think of the young Elvis, not the old bloated one.
Of all his songs, I liked Ben, and Billie Jean the best. Smooth Criminal was good. I gave it a listen Thursday night. Alien Ant Farm did a fantastic cover of it a few years ago.
The slightly concerning part was that he was 50 years old. Two years older than me.
I wanted to get some stuff done Thurday night, but spent most of the evening watching history unfold on TV.
Where were you when................................?

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : June 26, 2009, 08:03:00 AM »

Maryann and I watched some of the news also.  It was truly sad to see that cute little Michael Jackson grow up and become so tortured.  He was so talented, unfortunately he was not satisfied with his appearance or himself.  With all of his money, talent and fame, apparently nobody was able to make him realize what a great person he was and there was no need for all of that change.

There are so many people who are not famous also, who are so unhappy with themselves, when there is no reason to be.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : June 28, 2009, 01:59:13 AM »

I like how you mentioned Ed first.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: