Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:05:06 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Ouch!! This Is Going To Hurt
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ouch!! This Is Going To Hurt  ( 3487 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 07, 2012, 09:06:38 AM »

Well, for any of you that the following might happen to, don't forget to make some adjustments -

Maryann passed away on July 11, 2010 and last year I went down to H & R Block and had them do my taxes and everything seemed to work out fine.  Since my taxes are rather simple, had my daughter run them on line with H & R Block and I came up owing almost $3,000 between Federal & State.

I should have realized and H & R Block, I believe should have told me to change my deductions, as my income did not drop significantly when she passed away. 

I definitely will be setting up an appointment with the person that did my taxes last year and try to get something set up so I don't run short again next year and also have to pay a penalty - Not that happy with H & R Block, but I do share that responsibility also for not changing my deductions when my exemptions changed.

I could let it go and not go back, but since they always ask you how their service is, I plan to let them know my opinion about their not advising me to change my exemptions as it should have been quite obvious to them since they have done my income taxes for years.

Henry Raymond
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : February 07, 2012, 06:29:52 PM »

im here if you need another dependant
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : February 07, 2012, 07:12:46 PM »

LOL Ed!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"