Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:09:20 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 9/16/09 and Blog- A Sports Voice is Gone
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 9/16/09 and Blog- A Sports Voice is Gone  ( 3183 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : September 15, 2009, 10:13:00 PM »

September 16, 2009
Picture of the Day

Granite monument in a park in Barre. Need to do some research on the guy. Took the picture on the fly on our way to Bradford Saturday.

A SPORTS VOICE IS GONE
A voice from my teenage years is gone. Fred Cusick passed away Tuesday. I used to enjoy listening to Fred and Johnny Pierson call the Boston Bruins games on TV22. They used to carry the TV38 games. Later, when I got cable and satellite, Fred was partnered with Derek Sanderson. In the early days, it was a real treat to see a Bruins game on TV. Mostly, I used to listen to the games on WBZ radio. Bob Wilson did the call. And they also carried the Boston Celtics. Johnny Most was the voice of the Celtics. Those were the days. Sitting in my room, radio on, watching the game in my mind based on the call of the game.
Like I said, not all the games used to be televised. We have it easy now. All the Red Sox, Bruins, and Celtics games televised by NESN, or CSNE.
A one point, I wanted to be a sports announcer, fashioning myself like Ken Squier, and Fred, Bob, and Johnny. Unfortunately, I sound like Homer Simpson's pal Barney. Not really a sports announcer's voice. Oh, well. I'll take pictures.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
aheyer
: 9

« #1 : September 16, 2009, 06:11:35 AM »

To bad really, though younger I never really got the chance to appreciate him, however on the sports talk radio shows down here in MA yesterday a lot of them were playing some of the more memorable moments of his career.  He was due to be enshrined into the MA Broadcaster's Hall of Fame today to, kind of sad that he missed out on enjoying the moment by one day.
Suzy
: 429

« #2 : September 16, 2009, 07:36:50 PM »

A statue of a stonecutter may still stand in the center of Barre, Vt., but the granite industry there, which specializes in headstones and memorials, is under growing pressure from Chinese and Indian exporters.
(That's all I could find about the statue.  I think he might be an "every man," kinda guy)
Hope you're having a great day!
Sooz
: [1]  
« previous next »
: