Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:30:42 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Photo Blog 10/22/10 Covered Bridge Damage?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Photo Blog 10/22/10 Covered Bridge Damage?  ( 3315 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : October 21, 2010, 09:38:08 PM »

Friday October 22, 2010
Photo Blog

COVERED BRIDGE DAMAGE?
Thursday was the first time I had seen this. I was walking through the bridge when I noticed pieces of wood on top of leaves that had blown in. Up above, it looked like something too wide had come through the bridge. Upon further inspection, I noticed a crack in one of the side beams, and what looks like some chipping on the other side. Someone has already inspected this, because after I looked at the downloaded pictures, there are yellow chalk marks near some of the incidents. Maybe people already knew about this, but like I said, this was the first I saw of it.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« #1 : October 22, 2010, 01:54:42 PM »

I almost think its time Fairfax did like Westford with their covered bridge.  Off-Set for historiic preservation but replace with new bridge.  Its just a matter of time before our bridge will be damaged beyond repair with the amount of incidents that have occured over the past few years.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : October 23, 2010, 07:02:40 PM »

I am not sure who "owns" the bridge, but there are pre Obama funds out there to keep the wooden bridge as a historical preservation facet.

We renovated a 1950s building a few years back and the owner got tax breaks and funding if we kept it look 1950's.
http://unitcompany.com/projects/08mckinleytowers.htm

: [1]  
« previous next »
: