Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:03:48 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A Bunch Of Photos From Imogene's Big Celebration
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Bunch Of Photos From Imogene's Big Celebration  ( 2495 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 27, 2009, 03:32:58 PM »

Imogene's celebration started on Saturday at 11 a.m. with a parade at the Collins Farm. There was much laughter as this happy family strutted their stuff in front of this Fairfax Matriarch.

On Sunday, September 27, 2009, there was a special Mass at 11 a.m. for Imogene. Father Julien came down from the pulpit and spoke with Imogene who was sitting in the front pew. Father Julian can relate to large families, himself, being the 8th of 9 children in his family in the Philipines. A special blessing was given Imogene as well as the presentation of the Papal Blessing Certificate. At the end of Mass the choir joined by the congregation sang Happy Birthday and ended up with When Irish Eyes Are Smiling.

The celebration then moved to The Fairfield Elementary School where a capacity crowd gathered. There was a beautiful cake made by Debbie Flemming here in Fairfax, some old photos on display and a group of dresses hung from poles on Bales of Hay. Each dress had a story which was a unique way of presenting events in Imogene's life. Lunch was served to everyone buffet style, there were Irish Dancers and a couple of Collins Family members did some singing. Jeff Collins wrote a special poem for his Gram's 100th Birthday.

Lots of cameras flashing. JoAnne Wilkins was there and took a lot of photos and Colin Cardinal, Clem & Tish's Grandson told me he had taken well over 300 photos. He plans to be a photographer, so I offered him to upload some photos in his own album here on my photo gallery.

I have put up some photos of Imogene's Big 100th Birthday Celebration in my Photo Gallery.  You can click on the gallery and click on the thumbnails and look at them individually or in a slideshow, whatever you wish.

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/photos/
« : September 27, 2009, 03:34:47 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Formerflatlander
: 67

« #1 : September 28, 2009, 03:22:43 PM »

Great job on the photos Henry!!  I was glad to be at that Mass yesterday.  Standing room only, as it should be for such a milestone.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: