Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:17:01 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  thankyou MR DOUGLAS
« previous next »
: [1]
: thankyou MR DOUGLAS  ( 5935 )
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« : August 19, 2010, 04:10:15 PM »

THANK YOU MR DOUGLAS, THE town of fletcher has high speed service , now we have to wait to get hooked up
fletchtb
: 310

« #1 : August 19, 2010, 04:20:13 PM »

I didn't have to wait and it is blazing fast.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : August 19, 2010, 07:03:24 PM »

What did you get??  Is it DSL??

Henry Raymond
fletchtb

« #3 : August 19, 2010, 07:50:12 PM »

It is high speed wireless internet from GlobalNet. I believe they have served parts of Fairfax for several years now.

I believe it was three years ago that Fletcher handed over its $50K Vermont Telecommunications Authority Grant over to Global Net to put up an antenna on Mount Mansfield. That antenna finally went live a couple of days ago and they began doing installs in Fletcher today. It seems like they have been bombarded with installation requests, because my neighbor is getting installed on Sunday.

Julie & 6pt Dave
: 179

« #4 : August 19, 2010, 09:02:54 PM »

fletchtb .. Would you mind doing a few speed checks ?   I'm interested to know what kind of speeds you are getting...

Here's what I use...

http://www.speedtest.net/

Thanks

Dave
fletchtb

« #5 : August 19, 2010, 09:27:50 PM »

Let me qualify blazing fast by saying it is fast in comparison to dial-up, which most of us have had to suffer through in Fletcher until now.

I am getting speeds just over 3.0 Mbps down and about 0.9 Mbps up. The latency is about 35 ms.

Thanks,
Todd
Julie & 6pt Dave

« #6 : August 20, 2010, 06:57:43 AM »

Todd,
Thanks for the info.  3.0 Mbps, while no current day speed demon,  is twice as fast as what Fairpoint currently offers with their DSL offering.

With 1.5 Mbps I can usually stream NetFlix offerings with close to DVD quality.  I have problems sharing the connection when the girls are home.    At 3.0Mbps this should open a whole new 'internet world' for folks.

Good for GlobalNet, good for Franklin county. 

Good luck with the service. 

Dave
Julie & 6pt Dave

« #7 : August 20, 2010, 07:25:35 AM »

Todd,

Another question if you don't mind.  Do you know if you have the 'Gold' or the 'Silver' plan?

P.S.   The Civic is still running great.  Perfect car for a young teen.

Dave
fletchtb

« #8 : August 20, 2010, 07:32:38 AM »

Glad to hear the Civic is still running well for you guys. Tara and I still have a very special place in our hearts for that car.

When I called global net to schedule the install we were told the gold plan would not be available to us and that would either be Silver or Silver+ depending on which relay could be seen from our house. When the installer got here, he could only see the antenna on Mount Mansfield, which required we get the Silver Plan. So the plan we're on only guarantees that we will have the same 1.5 Mbps you get from Fair Point, but so far we are getting consistantly just over 3Mbps. It will be interesting to see if we get throttled back over time as more installations in Fletcher take place.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: