Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:28:02 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Supper Up In Fletcher
« previous next »
: [1]
: Supper Up In Fletcher  ( 5518 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 18, 2010, 06:50:07 AM »

Several of the Seniors were talking about the Supper the third Thursday of the month up in Fletcher - They said it is always very good - Anyone have any details on it??  Sounded like something I might enjoy.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : August 18, 2010, 08:28:18 AM »

Sally Sweet just emailed me the following information on the supper.  Thanks Sally, I think I will forego the prime rib this week and go for that:

Hi Henry, 

The suppers are every 3rd Thursday starting in June through Oct.  Sept. being Chicken Pie, Oct. is ham, all others are covered dish.  There is always baked beans and hash and you never know what else and of course always pie for desert.  We usually go every time.  Good fellowship also. 

It starts at 5 for the first sitting.  Most people get there between 4:30 and 4:45 if you want to make sure and get the first sitting.  For the chicken pie supper you would have to get there at 4 for the first sitting.  The cost is $7.00 and all you can eat.  Maybe we will see you there.  Sally

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : August 19, 2010, 07:18:55 PM »

Going to have to put this on my calendar - Excellent supper and met a lot of nice people - Every third Thursday at 5 p.m. at The Binghamville Church

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : August 20, 2010, 12:15:03 AM »

Henry,

If you get the travel bug, the kid is gone and we have an extra room.

The room has been de-funkified.
We called in an Army trained HAZMAT team and it is certified "cleaned", by the EPA, DEC, NATO, the UN, NORAD, and me.

It is State Fair time....

So you have room and board here if you want. Two weeks, max.
Luap
: 26

« #4 : August 20, 2010, 08:38:35 AM »

Take him up on it, Henry!  He's a good guy!
Suzy
: 429

« #5 : August 20, 2010, 09:40:01 AM »

I remember Binghamville Church Suppers from 30 years ago.  What a fun experience, and great food!
Marnie
: 2

« #6 : August 21, 2010, 11:48:54 AM »

If you were really lucky in years gone by, you could have custard pie for dessert.  However, you needed to be there either really early or be
friends with the servers who usually saved one custard pie as a reward for their hard work.  If you missed out on custard, all the rest of the
pies were tasty as well.  I bet they still are.

Great memories.

Henry
Administrator

« #7 : August 21, 2010, 12:48:05 PM »

Yup!!  Apparently one custard pie there and Mildred & Richard Warren were each trying to get a piece.

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #8 : August 21, 2010, 07:01:08 PM »

I remember a custard pie Lizzie Wright made with duck eggs.  It was brilliantly yellow. Someone from away asked for a piece of custard pie and I served up a piece. It was spurned.  Can't be a custard pie, I was told.  It was too yellow!!  Oh well, someone else enjoyed it.
sfc
: 46

« #9 : August 22, 2010, 07:38:16 AM »

You never go away hungry!!  I meet people from all over the State who come back year to year.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: