Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:14:27 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Douglas on Gibbs
« previous next »
: [1]
: Douglas on Gibbs  ( 2560 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : August 09, 2010, 03:50:49 PM »

Vermont Governor Jim Douglas speaking about Jason Gibbs,
Candidate for Secretary of State

As you know, I remain as committed as ever to building a more prosperous future for Vermont.  That's why I am proud to support Jason Gibbs for Secretary of State.

Jason is not only a great friend; he has been an important part of my team since my first campaign for Governor in 2002.  As a member of my senior staff and most recently the Commission of Forests, Parks & Recreation, Jason worked with me to make Vermont more affordable, create jobs and stand firm in the face of higher taxes.

As a Commissioner, Jason proved that government could be more effective, efficient and affordable.  In fact, through Jason's efforts his Department saved taxpayers $2 million, while improving services and helping to spur private sector job creation.  I know Jason has the skills and leadership ability to achieve the same great results in an office I was honored to hold for 12 years.  That's why I am supporting Jason Gibbs for Secretary of State. 

Jason will rethink, revitalize and reform the way the office of Secretary of State conducts its business--making it a center of excellence in public management.  He will role up his sleeves and start by simplifying, streamlining and reducing the cost--in time and money--of the business registration, professional licensing and regulatory functions of the office.  But he won't stop there.

Jason knows the best way to balance the state budget is to grow the economy; the best social program is a good job; and the best way to achieve these results is to make government less costly, more productive and a real ally to the private sector entrepreneurs who create jobs and propel our economy forward.

www.GoWithGibbs.com

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: