Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:27:54 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Tool thieves are at it again!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Tool thieves are at it again!  ( 7091 )
dmgp1978
: 24

« : August 03, 2010, 09:10:48 PM »

Just another reminder that you need to secure your belongings and watch out for your neighbors property when they aren't home.  After installing deadbolts on our house to deter thieves they moved to the garage.  If anyone tries to sell chainsaws or power tools on the cheap, they might be from our house, so we'd appreciate hearing from you.  Ellsworth Rd Fletcher.
Mummy
: 280

« #1 : August 05, 2010, 01:28:21 AM »

This is always sad to hear of such behavior.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : August 05, 2010, 06:41:42 AM »

Not that I have a lot to steal, but I keep my doors locked and JoAnne was kind enough to come up and house sit during Maryann's funeral - And to think, when we first moved here, we left the keys in the car out in the yeard and actually didn't even bother to lock the doors.

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : August 05, 2010, 12:29:13 PM »

So sorry to hear that.  We will definitely keep our eyes out for you.

We lock up everything when we leave and a big dog in the house helps as well.  I also have great neighbors (family) who are there when I am not and make sure if anyone pulls in, I hear about it.  If someone tries at night I hear it and I have a rifle that says they will stay still until the police come.  It is sad to have to think that way, but being someone who has to travel for work, it is SO much worse in other states.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #4 : August 05, 2010, 01:18:12 PM »

Chainsaws have been a hot item over the last 2 years!! My father got one stolen last summer and so did Dale Belows sucks when people just have no respect!! I'll keep an eye out for them.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Mummy

« #5 : August 05, 2010, 01:48:59 PM »

This is usually a sign that someone is in need of money for drugs.    Although you never hear "who" they caught but they do usually catch them because they need the cash and make a mistake in doing so.   We need to keep our eye's open.  Of course I love the Dog idea!  It is another set of ears with a great noise:)
Lilone
: 81

« #6 : August 07, 2010, 08:00:04 AM »

I heard there were a couple of robberies on McNall too. . . 
dmgp1978: What type of saw and power tools?
Mummy

« #7 : August 07, 2010, 08:26:21 AM »

I never see this in our local paper!
Lilone
: 81

« #8 : August 07, 2010, 08:33:01 AM »

Me either.  If it weren't for this site I would not know about allot of things that should be in the paper. It is sad that when summer rolls around you have to be careful because is prime time for robberies. It makes me sick.
dmgp1978
: 24

« #9 : August 11, 2010, 12:21:39 PM »

Besides McNall Rd apparently several folks on Goose Pond also got hit from the guy who we talked to about a security system.  A dog isn't an option for us, which is too bad as they have other lovely benefits.  So probably the security system is the way to go.  Maybe a mean security guard.  Anybody looking for work? :)

Husqvarna chainsaws and alot of different power tools to answer Lilone.
slpott
: 457

« #10 : August 11, 2010, 03:42:12 PM »

I totally agree that it is nice to know these thing and be abreast of current affairs in our town but I also strongly appreciate reading a paper that is full of good and not all bad. We could watch the news and get that. Once you put names on this website or in the local paper you are guaranteed to open a can of worms. Not only that but so many times it hits the paper and the hole story is not told. Who would be willing to take on that liability. Not me if it was my web site and I am sure not the owner of the paper. Now you can read a wonderful story about good deeds or childrens achievement here in town. Then when you turn the page there is more good things. Why ruin it with all the bad things we can write about or be opinionated about. All of us have opinions but I respect that fact that Henry nor Chris post things that will hurt a certain individual or family. Us as members end up doing a pretty good job at that before we get deleted. I am guilty myself so I am glad they are there to keep me straight. Thank you Henry and Chris. If you want to know who is involded I am sure you could call them. Sorry if I am being ioinionated. hee hee
: [1]  
« previous next »
: