Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:00:09 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Not a Great Night at the Races
« previous next »
: [1]
: Not a Great Night at the Races  ( 2452 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : August 01, 2010, 10:01:28 AM »

Anthony returned to the track for the first time since the wreck and injury at Can-Am Speedway back July 3rd.
It was a shake down session at Bear Ridge Speedway with the SCoNE guys.
Anthony started 8th in his heat and finished 5th. They do theings differently with SCoNE, kind of like the old NASCAR Norht days. High point cars in the back and if you haven't been racing with us, you start in the back. Thus in a 16 car field, Anthony started 13th. Track was kind of rough, and so were the drivers. Anthony said he was getting hit on all sides. Cars would slow going into the corner, Anthony would slow, too, and someone would run him over him from behind. This doesn't usually happen with ESS. Frustrated and finding himself on the verge of going a lap down, Anthony thought safety first and decided to park the car. Brought it home in one piece and will now gear up for a return to ESS at Mohawk Raceway in Hogansburg, NY next Friday.
One odd note.....
Shawn Lawler finished 4th, took the checkers, dove into turn 1, and a lapped car in front of him slowed. Shawn tried to dive under him, but the guy also dove low, and Shawn went over the front end of the car and went ass over bandbox. Top wing, tail tank and who knows what else destroyed. After the race was over.
Pictures and more coming this week.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: