Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:23:25 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Photos Of The Raging Lamoille - Not!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Photos Of The Raging Lamoille - Not!!  ( 2339 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 03, 2010, 06:56:53 PM »

Sharon & I took a ride to Burlington today and on our way out of town took some photos of The Lamoille River at one of the lowest points I have seen down in the center of town:

Henry Raymond
Margie
: 156

« #1 : September 03, 2010, 09:38:53 PM »

Having lived on the river all my life, I know there have been times the water was so low you could walk across from just below my house to Dr. Orton's (Swanson's)  Right below the Orton's it would be deeper, but not above a man's waist.  I spent one summer out on this low spot look for pottery pieces.  With the potters up river, they would throw bad pieces into the river.  Over the years, pieces would wash down and get stuck in the rocky areas and into the sediment.  By the end of that summer (might have been 1976) I had found all the pieces of a plate!  So, apparently, other stuff got thrown in the river back in the old days!

These pictures remind me of the river that summer.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: