Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:59:33 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  Short season thanks to those darn birds!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Short season thanks to those darn birds!  ( 3009 )
dgardell
: 53

« : July 31, 2010, 03:25:42 PM »

Sadly, our pick-your-own blueberries are finished for this year.  We've had very heavy losses due to flocks of fruit-eating birds and are closing this season producing only 1/3 the equivalent of last year's harvest.  Thanks to everyone who came out to pick and sorry to those of you that didn't get the chance.  Next year we plan to have a "bird strategy" in place and hope to break our 812 lb. record of last summer!  Enjoy what's left of the summer,
Deb Gardell

By the way, I believe that Willow Hill Farm in Milton (about 3 miles up Hardscrabble Road, on the right) still has blueberries but I'm not sure what they charge.  Also, there's another nice organic fruit farm off Intervale Blvd. in Burlington ---Adam's Berry Farm --- cross the Winooski bridge and bear right onto Riverside; take a right at the next light onto Intervale, past Gardener's Supply and the composting place and it's on the left just past the community gardens.  He charges $3.50/lb for pick-your-own but has about 3000 bushes and still had plenty of berries last week.
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : July 31, 2010, 06:52:53 PM »

I enjoyed the blueberries I picked and look forward to more next year! Thank you!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: