Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:14:54 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  August Fairfax News On Line Is Available For You To Read
« previous next »
: [1]
: August Fairfax News On Line Is Available For You To Read  ( 2189 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 03, 2010, 12:57:13 PM »

Click on the following link to read the August Issue Of The Fairfax News:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/fxtown/August-Fairfax_2010.pdf

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : August 03, 2010, 01:36:23 PM »

First of all, I am very humbled by the fact that Chris Santee devoted so much space in remembrance of Maryann - I certainly did not expect that any more than I expected the many thoughtful words and deeds given by so many people.  Below are some comments made by my oldest daughter Lynn that did not appear in the paper.  All three girls are a shining example of things their mother taught them:

"My Mom By Lynn Raymond-Empey

I have never been at a loss for words before, but I have struggled over the last few days trying to find just the right things to say. My Dad, Sharon, MaryKay and Mike have all spoken so eloquently. Mom would be humbled by all the wonderful things that have been said about her by all of you over the past few days. She was a very humble person. And as she might say, “she was never fond of tooting her own horn”. So, I hope she won’t mind if I do that for just a few moments.

Mom was an excellent musician who played clarinet, piano and organ. She was wonderful. I loved it when she played Alley Cat or Satin Doll. She taught me to sing the Ave Mari when I was 8. Which brings me to her singing: She had a terrific voice, but true to her humble nature---she was an Alto. She could sing Alto harmony to anything and make it sound beautiful. Sopranos get the glory, but the altos help them shine and make any song more rich and beautiful.

Mom was the Alto for my life. Her voice supported me through the tough times and made the good times more rich and beautiful. She made the simple parts of life way more fun and interesting. As a young child I thought everyone’s Mom was like mine. But I soon came to learn with each passing year just how blessed I was. Her alto harmony is gone now, but she has left her mark on every piece of music that is my life. I wish I could have sung for you today Mom, but my heart is just too full. But, I promise you I will sing again soon and when I do I will still hear your beautiful voice blending in, supporting me and making my song more beautiful."

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: