Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:39:26 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Rescue
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Rescue  ( 3149 )
ohhman
: 469

« : August 15, 2010, 10:30:27 PM »

I know this topic has come up before, but after today, it needs to be brought up again.........how lucky we are to have our Fairfax Rescue crews.  My son competes in the open horse show @ Northwestern Riding & Driving Club on rt.104 in No. Fairfax, across from Adam's Quick stop & today one of his friend's, our friend that rides @ the barn we board our horse, was hurt in an accident during competition.  Her horse tripped in a small hole as he was galloping, causing him to fall, sending her face first hard to the ground & he continued to flip over on top of her.  This could have ended very differently but I am relieved to say she will be OK, partly because of the great care she received from our crew.  Trevor, you got there so fast after I placed the call; it took me longer to explain where the event is held to the 911 conact than it took you to arrive & the ambulance was close behind.  Once on the scene, I saw professionalism in each member. Not only did the crew attend to our rider's physical needs, but also to her emotional needs as this was a very scary time.  As I rode in the ambulance with her, I witnessed the  members really showing every ounce of encouragement with our rider to get her to feel at ease as much as possible.  Crew members, driver included, you were all fantastic & I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking such good care of our rider. 
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : August 16, 2010, 07:16:54 AM »

Very well said 3plusk - That feeling of relief when they arrive on the scene is unbelievable - They are like a very skilled extended family available 24 hours a day.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #2 : August 16, 2010, 08:27:40 AM »

Thank you very much for the kind words!  I'll be sure to pass them along.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: [1]  
« previous next »
: