Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:58:55 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Meth Bust in St. Albans & Georgia
« previous next »
: [1]
: Meth Bust in St. Albans & Georgia  ( 11692 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : July 20, 2010, 03:38:54 PM »

PRESS RELEASE
St. Albans Police Department

Issued:   July 20, 2010
Chief Gary L. Taylor

On July 20, 2010 at approximately 1259 hours, the St. Albans Police Department initiated an investigation into the possibility of a METH Lab site at 55 Fairfield Street also commonly referred to as #49 Lincoln Avenue in St. Albans City.

Police have subsequently confirmed the presence of a METH lab at this location and the State METH Lab Team has been called out. An immediate evacuation of the building and adjacent residents was conducted. A second, related METH Lab site has also been identified at 102 Lower Newton, Lot 8 and has been secured. At least one other potentially contaminated METH site has been identified in Georgia, VT and law enforcement and Georgia Fire Officials have secured that scene as well.

Incident Command has been established at the St. Albans City Fire Station. Representatives of: the St. Albans City Police, City and Town Fire Department, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Department, the Vermont State Police, the Vermont Army National Guard (Civil Support Unit), Vermont Hazardous Materials, VEM, the American Red Cross and the Georgia Fire Department all are on scene.

An emergency evacuation Center has been established by the City of St. Albans and the American Red Cross at City Hall. At last report as many as twenty individuals may have been temporarily displaced as the result of the evacuation.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #1 : July 20, 2010, 03:53:14 PM »

Great job guys!!!!!!!! I have a buddy that is an officer in Iowa and hearing the stories of what has happened in his little town we do not want meth coming into Franklin county!!!!!!!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
cedarman
: 370

« #2 : July 21, 2010, 07:02:21 AM »

To echo Josh's comment:  kudos to all personnel on this bust and removing some of this junk from our area.  Not only does it's use ultimately lead to increased crime, not to mention health issues for the users, but the cooking of the drug in make shift labs can pose some significant dangers (fire/explosions) for everyone who lives nearby.
slpott
: 457

« #3 : July 21, 2010, 07:57:43 AM »

I find this very frightening. St. Albans is having a rough time it seems. What do you do? How do you do it? It won't be long and it will be here if we are not careful.
Kathleen
: 167

« #4 : July 21, 2010, 10:22:24 AM »

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's already here!  With 2 meth labs in St. Albans and another in Georgia, what do you think all the break-ins in Fairfax have been about?

But the community has a lot of power; just be vigilant and mindful of your neighbors and your surroundings.
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #5 : July 21, 2010, 10:34:17 AM »

I agree.  Realistically, it's probably been here for quite some time.  Maybe not a lab itself, but at least people who use it.  Those existing labs that were found had to be selling their stuff to somebody somewhere.

When I was going through the security clearance process for my current job with DHS, the investigator who came to town quickly concluded that some activity she had seen strongly indicated illicit drugs.

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
K. Greenia
: 17

« #6 : July 21, 2010, 11:29:00 AM »

I believe I heard in a training that for every one lab they know about, there are an average 10 they don't. It's here and it's a problem. Best defense against it is knowledge. Know what to look for, and what to do.

Here is a great website that gives you an idea of what the look for. 

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/17893/how_to_spot_a_home_meth_lab_and_what.html?cat=5
« : July 21, 2010, 06:47:54 PM Henry »

I'm very responsible, when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.
Linda
: 48

« #7 : July 21, 2010, 11:50:17 AM »

The St. Albans addresses have been all over the news...anyone know where in Georgia?
greenek
: 54

« #8 : July 21, 2010, 12:30:38 PM »

I believe the location in Georgia is the fairly new self storage units on 104A, just off Route 7. When we passed by there last night around 6:15 or so, I noticed a number of fire apparatus there. I thought it was attributable to a fire nearby.

Kevin
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #9 : July 21, 2010, 01:21:42 PM »

I know that there is a drug problem in our town but to be honnest I have seen alot less of it in the last 7-8 months.  Maybe the dealers are getting smarter or maybe I have lost my touch at spotting them but it wasn't long ago that I could do my rounds through town and on any given day spot 1 or 2 deals in progress.  The park an ride on Mcnall road was really good for that activity I use to see alot of deals there and keep the State Police well informed on the people doing it.  Now I really might see it 1 or 2 times a month weather that means that the activity is going down or the dealers are getting smarter I do not know.  Or like I said maybe I have just lost my knack for spotting things lol.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]  
« previous next »
: