Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:18:47 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Chris Santee Reports Al Daniels Is Retiring
« previous next »
: [1]
: Chris Santee Reports Al Daniels Is Retiring  ( 4383 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 20, 2010, 08:34:01 AM »

Congratulations Al - This Grandfather Job is a full time job, especially if you want to make sure your Grandchildren are spoiled properly.

It kind of looks like there will be another grandchild who, when asked what his grandfather did for work, will be saying, "Oh my grandfather didn't work."

I retired the year before my oldest grandchild was born.

Al, I certainly hope you have as wonderful a retirement as I have had - You have earned it.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : July 20, 2010, 05:33:17 PM »

Al told the administration on the last day of school, after the kids had left, that he wasn't coming back and that he was retiring. That's the story I heard.
He wanted to leave quietly and without any fanfare.
Which is too bad, because if anyone deserved fanfare, it was Al.
He has done a lot with, and for, the kids at school. Hikes up Mt. Mansfield, trips to Montreal and an Expos game when they were around.
The school will miss you Al.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Dick Brown
: 414

« #2 : July 20, 2010, 08:25:20 PM »

Congratulations, Al for a job well done. From the time that we hired you and Chuck Machia to teach in the fifth grade through the emergence of the Middle School concept , you were a key player in developing not only a strong curriculum , but also enhancing the team approach for both the fifth and sixth grade teaching strategies. In addition, you found time to become involved in many extra-curricular activities at the school and in the town, and because of your efforts,many kids prospered under your leadership. It's the end of another era and ties to BFA's past and I'm sad that you're leaving, but very happy for your family and your future.   Good luck.
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #3 : July 21, 2010, 06:43:21 AM »

Yes! Congratulations and Happy Retirement!  I certainly have very fond memories of my time there in 6th Grade.  To this day I will not forget what receiprocal means!

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: