Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:15:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Youths Cool Off On The Cliffs At Red Rocks
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Youths Cool Off On The Cliffs At Red Rocks  ( 4003 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 08, 2010, 06:53:45 AM »

James Minor says he has no qualms about jumping again even though he cut his foot open during a landing Wednesday.

"Next time I'll just become more prepared and bring some flip flops or shoes to jump with again," he says.

For more and the complete video, click on the following link:

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=12771169

Henry Raymond
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #1 : July 08, 2010, 01:25:20 PM »

Awww Memories.  I use to live there in the summer when I was in High school it wasn't that big of a attraction back then often it was just the group of us fairfax kids.  The 76 ft jump is quite the rush!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : July 08, 2010, 02:14:24 PM »

I was quite surprised when I saw Fairfax Youths down there.  On a hot summer day South Burlington firefighters say you can find about a hundred teenagers and young adults jumping off the cliffs at Red Rocks Park.

I remember years ago there was a Gorge over in Jeffersonville, where Glen Clokey died that some of the local young people used to go to.

Don't know if many families now go to Metcalf Pond, but when I was in my early 20s, spent a lot of time up there.  It was great, especially for families, as the water remained shallow for quite a ways out at what was a narrow entrance called "The Public Beach."

Henry Raymond
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #3 : July 08, 2010, 03:48:53 PM »

Yup Henry we use to go up to Jeff quite a bit to there isn't much parking up there though and it gets crowded quick.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]  
« previous next »
: