Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:26:44 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Muggy, Muggy, Muggy Yesterday
« previous next »
: [1]
: Muggy, Muggy, Muggy Yesterday  ( 2814 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 29, 2010, 07:24:21 AM »

Not sure where we get some of these words, but if you tell somebody, "It sure was a muggy day yesterday," I am sure they will know exactly what you mean.

We have an old style 15,000 BTU Air Conditioner built in our Kitchen wall and when we put the handicap ramp and mud room on, it just happened to end up in the mud room.  It does pull a lot of water out of the air in the house which then goes out a drain hole, so we have to keep a pail under it. 

Yesterday, it took a mop pail and a half of water out of the house.  Unbelievable.

We have three other newer airconditioners in different rooms of the house and none of them seem to drip any water out of them.  Must be the design of the newer airconditioners.

Looks like we will have a chance of showers for the next few days, but we should all be enjoying a great fourth of July weekend.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : July 01, 2010, 01:18:14 AM »

Keep the humidity down there.

I have been seeing you guys are sweating.

That is one thing I DO NOT miss about America, humidity.
Give me snow and -20F ANY DAY over that humidity.
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #2 : July 01, 2010, 06:36:06 AM »

It must be moving north! Yesterday was the first day in close to 2 weeks we weren't 90+ and high humidity here in middle Tennessee.  Was a gorgeous day yesterday mid 80's low humidity, reminded me of a good summer day back home there in VT.

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: