Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:43:55 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Knee High....
« previous next »
: [1]
: Knee High....  ( 3461 )
trussell
: 870

« : June 23, 2010, 10:27:19 AM »

Henry,  I know you and I were debating last year about the height of corn on July 4th... And I just wanted to let you know that McNall's appears to be knee-high already!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : June 23, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »

At the risk of getting myself in trouble with the other farmers in the area, the McNall Boys are excellent farmers as was their father Ralph.  In an article several years ago, it stated that they efficiently add fertilizer and other nutrients, only if warranted and do not just randomly throw a bunch on.  That field of corn has been the envy of many farmers over the years and there is no doubt in my mind that it will be more than Knee High by the 4th of July.  If anybody can make a farm a profitable venture, it is "The McNall Boys."

Henry Raymond
Kathleen
: 167

« #2 : June 23, 2010, 03:54:55 PM »

I think all the corn fields I've come across are doing great this year!  Most of what I've seen in the past week have been right about knee-high.  Wasn't it just last year the corn got a late start because the fields were too wet to start planting?  I don't think I saw any corn field knee-high by fourth of July last year.
trussell
: 870

« #3 : June 23, 2010, 05:26:53 PM »

I don't think I saw any corn field knee-high by fourth of July last year

'cept McNalls ;)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: [1]  
« previous next »
: