Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:23:44 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Day 1 - Rte 104 Closure - All Is Well At 2 PM
« previous next »
: [1]
: Day 1 - Rte 104 Closure - All Is Well At 2 PM  ( 3500 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 07, 2010, 01:30:42 PM »

I had a little delay around 11:30 because a Blow & Cote 18 Wheeler was turning around, but have been through twice since and had no problems

Henry Raymond
BCota
: 59

concrete is love -- pour it on

« #1 : June 08, 2010, 08:57:54 AM »

I would anticipate lots of periodic delays on Friday; there will be (5) 48' flat bed trailers being shuffled from somewhere nearby (maybe the school parking lot?) down to within cranes reach of the bridge...

you don't go reaching into a haystack for a needle if you know there's a whole lotta needles in there
BCota
: 59

concrete is love -- pour it on

« #2 : June 09, 2010, 07:42:36 AM »

Just confirmed the delivery route of the beams and there will definitely be some major traffic delays when they are coming into town.

The plan is to bring the beams in from Georgia, use Huntville rd to get the trailers turned around, then back all the way down main st. to the north side of the bridge.

I attempted to persuade them to come in from the otherside (via 128 from Essex/Milton) but the GC wants to set the crane on that side and there wouldn't be enough room to hoist the beams from that same side...although it would be significantly less disruptive to traffic I suppose that wasn't the primary concern...

so it will be somewhat of a little parade down Main St. tomorrow (midday/afternoon) and Friday morning because these trucks don't move too fast (especially in reverse going down a steep hill)...should be interesting...
« : June 09, 2010, 09:18:07 AM BCota »

you don't go reaching into a haystack for a needle if you know there's a whole lotta needles in there
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : June 09, 2010, 07:51:48 AM »

Thanks for the heads up Ben - Hopefully it won't be when school is getting out and the school buses are going the opposite way.

Maybe Tom Ferrick or someone else with a camera can get a photo of this - Should indeed be interesting.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: