Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:15:44 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Photo Blog 5/3/10 Bad News Sunday
« previous next »
: [1]
: Photo Blog 5/3/10 Bad News Sunday  ( 4054 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : May 02, 2010, 10:28:18 PM »

Monday May 3, 2010
Photo Blog

BAD NEWS SUNDAY

Good grief. Checking out the front pages around the country had a lot of disheartening news. Possible near terrorist attack in Times Square. Flooding down south. The oil spill heading for the Gulf Coast. And a water main break near Boston.

The Daily News Journal, Murfreesboro, Tenn.

The Northwest Florida Daily News

New York Daily News

New York Post

Boston Sunday Globe

But there was one front page that didn't concentrate on disaster. Unless you bet on the wrong horse.

Lexington, KY Herald-Leader

All front pages were taken from the Newseum's front page site:
http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/flash/

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : May 03, 2010, 02:07:43 AM »

Eco terrorists blew up the rig in the Gulf of Mexico. So says Rush.

As a side note, Friday as I was going back to work from a meeting I saw 5 40 foot flats full of containment booms, headed for the airport.
Wonder where they were headed?

What a trues tragedy for the Gulf Coast...

But accidents happen. When you handle liquids they sometimes get split.

Ask Joe Hazelwood,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #2 : May 03, 2010, 07:18:13 AM »

A bit more on the first pic....the death toll has increased to over ten.  Parts of downtown Nashville are flooded.  The Cumberland River is over its banks.  Some roads are closed coming into the town where I live (about 20 minutes from downtown Nashville).  Sad state of affairs here....

This clip shows just how bad it was....this is one of 4 main interstates into the city of Nashville.  My wife and I travel through this exact spot everyday to work.  The creek/brook that caused this is normally no more than a few feet deep and I'd roughly say 10+ feet lower than the road way...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/weather/05/03/tennessee.flooding.deaths/index.html?hpt=T1
« : May 03, 2010, 07:48:25 AM Henry »

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : May 03, 2010, 07:49:41 AM »

Brian, I was thinking about you when I was posting that first picture. I have been looking at your pictures and video on Facebook.
Unbelieveable.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: