Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:01:41 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 4/14/10 and Blog- The Doctor is Back!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 4/14/10 and Blog- The Doctor is Back!!  ( 5624 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : April 13, 2010, 11:51:54 PM »

Wednesday April 14, 2010
Picture of the Day

A newly-regenerated Doctor and his new companion, Amy Pond.

THE DOCTOR IS BACK!!

Saturday night, April 17, at 9pm on BBC America is the new season of Doctor Who.
When last we saw him around New Year's, he had regenerated( going from David Tennant to Matt Smith) and the TARDIS was crashing towards Earth.
If you go to www.bbcamerica.com, there are interview clips and previews of the upcoming season. There is one 9-minute scene that is from the middle of the episode. I originally downloaded it to my iPhone, and have watched it 10........12........OK, I've lost count......times, so I have already accepted Matt Smith as the Doctor.

For a quick lesson-
The Doctor is a Time Lord, the last of his kind. He travels through time and space in his TARDIS-stands for Time And Realitive Dimensions In Space- which is programmed to blend into any environment, but a broke chameleon circuit leaves it in the shape of a British Police Box. It is dimensionally transcedental....or is it transcendentally dimensional...........so it's bigger on the inside than on the outside. He likes to have company along in the form of companions, and he tends to get involved with things.

The show picks up where they left off with the TARDIS  in freefall to Earth. He eventually meets his new companion, Amy Pond, played by Karen Gillin. The initial reviews are very good, and Smith is great as the Doctor.
It is a great show and I CAN'T wait for it to start.

The show really stetches the imagination, and I can confess, I wish he was real because I would love to be his companion. First stop- the, well. kind of a toss-up. The 1927 Flood, or maybe the night when the school burned. Maybe be inside walking around to get an idea of how the fire started. And at some point go back to the mid-late 1800's so I could visit the old New Hampton Institute.

There is a show on at 8pm Saturday night- Doctor Who:The Ultimate Guide, which will be a backstory of who the Doctor is.

"All of time and space...............
Everywhere and anywhere..............
Any star that ever was...................
Everything that ever happened or ever will................

Where do you want to start?"

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
ASDuling
: 75

« #1 : April 20, 2010, 06:39:05 PM »

Your Blog title should have been "SPOILER ALERT". I do not have BBC and am anxiously waiting for my Doctor Who on DVD and last I knew, David Tenant was still the Doctor! The last episode I saw was when all the Doctor's friends (Susan Brown, Captain Jack, Rose, et al) helped him beat the Daleks, they grew a second Doctor to help them rescue the first, and they let Rose keep him in the end. Wasn't that creepy?

CBC used to run the show, as well as Torchwood, but I haven't seen it listed in years. I'm hoping the Doctor transformation you mentioned is actually the first episode of the next season. I hate missing an episode.

Glad to hear it's back for all you lucky cable/satellite viewers. It should be coming on Netflix shortly!
MikeF9

« #2 : April 20, 2010, 11:07:39 PM »

Oooooooops.....................
Sorry.

In 2009 there were four specials. Actually, Christmas 2008 was the first one, called The Next Doctor.
David Tennant was doing Hamlet for the Shakesperean group, and actually, they filmed it and it will be on DVD in May.
He agreed to do the four specials. The shows executive producers were bowing out, and Tennent felt it was a good time to leave as well. Steven Moffett, who wrote Blink, and The Girl in the Fireplace episodes, is now helming the show.
Anyway, last Easter was Planet of the Dead. Then in November was The Waters of Mars, then a two-parter for last Christmas and New Year's, "The End of Time" parts 1 and 2.
All four specials are in a special DVD set.
I believe they are also available on iTunes.
Even this first episode is already available.
Great show. Great casting.

MikeF9

« #3 : April 20, 2010, 11:11:06 PM »

Susan Brown?
Do you mean Sarah Jane Smith? or Donna Noble? or Martha Jones?

ASDuling

« #4 : April 21, 2010, 07:18:11 AM »

I though that was the name of the Journalist/future prime minister. Was Sarah Jane Smith the old school partner with the son?  I see the show over a long period of time so I forget some of the names.

I just got Planet of the Dead in the mail. The movies looked interesting but not advancing the plot of the show. Sorry to see Russell T. Davies leave, I like everything he does.

Thanks for the info!
MikeF9

« #5 : April 21, 2010, 08:22:22 AM »

"Harriet Jones, former Prime Minister."
"Yes. We know who you are."

Sarah Jane was the former companion who ended up with her own show and adopted a kid.

The End Of Time really wraps things up for David Tennant. And The Waters of Mars really does advance the storyline.

ASDuling

« #6 : April 21, 2010, 08:30:07 AM »

Thank you!  I always space on her name. I'll add the other movies to my Netflix queue.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: