Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:56:05 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  What, Nothing About The Red Sox & That Other Team??
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3 4
: What, Nothing About The Red Sox & That Other Team??  ( 39566 )
Doyle78
: 46

« #15 : July 23, 2010, 07:20:17 PM »

francoma lol how about papelbomb. i went to a game at fenway last year, and i can say there are a lot of crazies there. i wonder if the evil empire is the same or worse
Dick Brown
: 414

« #16 : July 23, 2010, 08:51:58 PM »

Being a baseball fan, from Little league through the major leagues, watching games at St. Leo's College ( 5 miles from here, with a student population about the size of St. Michaels's  but a far better baseball program ) or on the MLB Cable System , certainly is entertaining , but my heart has belonged to the Red Sox since 1946 . However, Mike, I have to agree with the Cab Driver in Boston..not this year...on the other hand, just in case, I'll still hope that Jerry Remy is correct when he says that they will be contenders again when they get people back ( which might be 2011 ).
The Evil Empire is looked on fondly in the Tampa Area , Dennis,where George lived, second to the Rays of course , but as Gary said the other day, Billy Martin , if alive , might have a different twist to the eulogy given by Jeter if he was alive ( I think he was fired 4 times and hired five by King George ) .
If you enjoy Mike & Mike, their book is quite entertaining , titled ( what else ? ) Mike and Mike....I borrowed it from the local library and really enjoyed it .  Sox - Mariners in about 10 minutes, accompanied by popcorn and beer.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #17 : July 23, 2010, 11:57:48 PM »

GO BILLS!
go somewhere,
pretty please?
mrome
: 37

« #18 : July 25, 2010, 06:24:45 PM »

If you look at the team averages (pretend there is no distinction in leagues and divisions), you'd see that the Sox are a damn good team, even with so many players on the DL.
Dick Brown

« #19 : July 25, 2010, 07:53:49 PM »

You're right about their record.....But what about the ERA of the middle relievers ???  Can Theo do something before July 31 without breaking the bank ?
Doyle78

« #20 : July 25, 2010, 11:09:01 PM »

the analyst on espn were talking not long ago about realignment because the three best teams in baseball are all in one division. how would you like to be toronto not to mention poor baltimore, and one team will not make the playoffs who maybe should. what are your thoughts ? i say leave well enough alone.
Dick Brown

« #21 : July 26, 2010, 10:15:07 AM »

My two cents, for what it's worth.....The ESPN Analyst is most likely presenting a Northeastern point of view , ie, trying to project league parity while trying to even out the opportunities in the future for the Sox, Rays and the Jays to compete in the postseason . The only factor, in my opinion, that the other 9 AL clubs would want this realignment is increased chances of expanding attendance if they competed against the Yankees or the Sox 10 times a year at home as opposed to 4. However , as one might have noticed four of the clubs in the other divisions have significantly improved themselves this year, especially Nolan Ryan's leadership group with the Rangers , and they would all, again in my opinion, be reluctant to give up the opportunity for post-season play in order to gain possibly more people in the seats at their stadiums. Texas, Chicago, Minnesota and Detroit all have a good chance for the playoffs, and in fact, could win their division or even the wild card if the Rays fall off. We saw last year where the Angels bested the Sox easily and they really haven't been significantly hurt by Free Agency yet ( Guerro not withstanding ), so there are at least five clubs out there who would not agree with that ESPN view.....and slow-mo Selig certainly isn't about to make any such changes.   
Epstein's February statement " that this will be a bridge year " has kind of come true, even though even he couldn't have forseen the extent of the injuries the Sox have endured and the ability of his farm system to fill gaps and keep them competitive . So , as we used to say about the old Brooklyn Dodgers, wait until next year !!! In the meantime, Buchollz, Lackey and Beckett pitch against the Angels this week, with Martinez perhaps catching tonight.........pass the popcorn & beverage please , Dennis.
Kathleen
: 167

« #22 : July 26, 2010, 10:31:33 AM »

My daughter is so excited!  This weekend she is moving to Brookline (fresh out of college and got a job there) and she is ONLY 10 MINUTES FROM FENWAY PARK!  In the past, she has been only an occasional watcher of baseball; but I'm sure now she'll become a Red Soxs fanatic in no time at all.
mrome
: 37

« #23 : July 26, 2010, 02:15:08 PM »

Want to see a Sox game at Fenway?

I have 4 tickets to the Sunday afternoon (1:35 PM) game on September 19 against Toronto.

Two seats are same row, with a few seats between. I have always had good luck if I've asked folks to move one seat over one way or the other. So, two seats in the grandstand behind the Sox dugout:
Section 15
Row 7
Seats 1 & 8

Two tickets in the Right Field Roof Box Seats (I love it up there) They are not together, but it's pretty easy to spend time together while enjoying a beer or standing behind the seats. Personally, I go for the game. The company is with me on the ride down and back and intermittently during play.
Roof Box Section 31, Row B, Seat 5
Roof Box Section 35, Row A, Seat 8 (yup, front row!)

With fees and handling, I paid about $60 each. I was hoping to get $75 each, but make me an offer.....

Margo
vtsoxgirl@hotmail.com
Doyle78

« #24 : July 26, 2010, 02:24:21 PM »

help your self to the popcorn and beverages, i just hope we don't choke on them in a fit of rage. dan haren is pitching against them tonight and he has always given them fits.
Kathleen
: 167

« #25 : July 26, 2010, 03:21:21 PM »

Margo, Will have to wait and see what her schedule is before I commit to the tickets.  She has a job where she is on-call 1 weekend a month and since she doesn't start until Monday, she doesn't know her schedule yet.  Will let you know, if she's free and wants to go.

Dick Brown

« #26 : July 26, 2010, 08:31:46 PM »

Good thought, Dennis......maybe I'll tape it, get a good night's sleep and watch it tomorrow....rather then choke on decisions made by Francoma at 1 am......By the way, Joyce just hit a grand slam against the Tigers ( first hit of the game for the Rays ) ! I can hear my neighbors screaming now !!!
Doyle78

« #27 : July 27, 2010, 06:35:59 AM »

i see that cursed team beat the indians. i guess the sox will not make up any ground this way. tonights matchup is lackey vs. weaver. could be another night of choking and swearing. do you suppose god had red sox fans in mind when he said thou shalt not take thy name in vain ?
Dick Brown

« #28 : July 27, 2010, 10:09:21 AM »

I think we typical Red Sox fans can be most closely found in the book of Job , Dennis . 
Doyle78

« #29 : July 27, 2010, 04:38:29 PM »

amen
: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
: