Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:20:52 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  What, Nothing About The Red Sox & That Other Team??
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3 4
: What, Nothing About The Red Sox & That Other Team??  ( 38956 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 05, 2010, 08:30:26 AM »

Everybody must be exhausted this morning after their Easter Weekend - I was sure I would see something on the forum about the Long Awaited start of the new Red Sox season.  I did not see the end, but believe it was Red Sox over Yankees 9 to 7.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #1 : April 05, 2010, 08:37:21 AM »

My wife informed me this morning that the Red Sox have a perfect season so far.

I responded that NOW they have nowhere to go but down....

Always one for an argument, I am.  I think I've been hanging around with Eskimo Mike too much.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : April 05, 2010, 09:08:12 AM »

Keep Your Sox On !

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Dick Brown
: 414

« #3 : April 05, 2010, 11:05:04 AM »

Henry     I'm not able to get NESN on our Cable Setup BUT, I subscribe to the MLB Extra Innings program which provides me with most of the Sox Games, except those blacked out by ESPN, Fox or the Rays broadcast of all Rays Games. This MLB Extra Innings schedule starts Tuesday and typically, I have a choice of a dozen or more games every day.
The difficulty of watching the Sox-Rays as described by the Rays Broadcasting team whether at Fenway or Tropicana Field, or by viewing at least a third of the Sox games with an announcing team not from NESN ( where have you gone Jerry Remy ? ) is offset by my pleasure at being able to watch a wide variety of games , whether played on the West Coast or wherever, whether  early afternoon or late at night.  I'm not thrilled by Pittsburg at San Francisco at 1 am , but when I can't sleep it's almost better then watching Mash reruns for the 30th time on TV-LAND.
Not even Joe Morgan ( the culprit who knocked in the winning run in the ninth inning at Fenway in the 1975 World Series ) could dissuade me from watching our Sox overcome the Evil Empire last night. Wonderful !!!  Now I can begin to worry about Lester against Burnett Tuesday night.
Wish Francona ( or Francoma as I like to say at times ) would answer my calls, with my great suggestions !!! By the way,don't let your husband switch the channel, Maryanne ....... As Chris says ( and Bernie Kuhn used to ) , KEEP YOUR SOX ON !!!
mrome
: 37

« #4 : April 05, 2010, 05:12:59 PM »

Sox in first place; Yankees last....what a beautiful picture. I'm sure it will change many times over the season, but right now I'm reveling in it. (Is reveling a real word?)
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #5 : April 08, 2010, 01:06:49 AM »

GO BILLS
msm
: 211

« #6 : April 08, 2010, 06:58:32 AM »

Hate to bring this up.  But who's the other team now ?  Must be my Rays --- Who's in first place now ??

This may be my only time to bring this up ---  next week,  the Rays could be in last --- :-)

Mike M -- from Tampa, FL
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #7 : April 08, 2010, 08:45:48 AM »

ouch !
:-)

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #8 : April 08, 2010, 01:21:30 PM »

LOL

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Dick Brown

« #9 : April 10, 2010, 09:37:52 AM »

Looks like MSM was correct....the Rays did it to the Evil Empire last night and are in first place.......legitimately....at least for awhile.
Meantime, Francoma chose to pitch to a player who had gone 3 for 3 ( with first base open ) and Bard promptly grooved a pitch to make him 4 for 4..... Lots of second-guessing in the Nation today , even from Jerry Remy.
Rays-Yankees on Fox TV today. Should be a good one.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #10 : April 11, 2010, 04:35:05 AM »

GO BILLS !!!!!!
mirjo
: 785

« #11 : April 11, 2010, 05:07:23 AM »

Aren't the BILLS the loser's from New York's OTHER  sport franchise??? :-)

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #12 : April 11, 2010, 07:00:45 AM »

Aren't the BILLS the loser's from New York's OTHER  sport franchise??? :-)

Nahhh that would be the Jets....Rangers...Islanders..Knicks....Mets....Sabres...Nets (not really NY but anyway..) and in some years the Giants.

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Dick Brown

« #13 : July 23, 2010, 10:23:10 AM »

For those diehard Sox fans who stayed up late last night until the Sox prevailed in Seattle, the game showed what type of team they are while they're waiting for the rest of the 10 players on the Disabled List to come back.
The truth is that even with their full team back , they are probably no better then a third place team in the AL East, BUT they certainly aren't throwing in the towel yet. Much teeth-grinding last night when they gave up a five run lead in the 9th, almost lost it in the 12th and then pulled it out in the 13th.  Anyway, Sleepless in Dade City has replaced Sleepless in Seattle in this house !!!
MikeF9
: 1994

« #14 : July 23, 2010, 07:12:01 PM »

When I am working nights, I watch Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN2. Earlier this spring, Mike Greenberg was talking about the Red Sox, who weren't doing well when the season started. Mike mentioned being in Boston for a book signing. At one point he took a cab to get somewhere.
Mike said, "If you want to know how a team is really doing, ask a cab driver in that city. The driver and I were talking sports, and I asked 'How about the Red Sox?' The driver didn't miss a beat. 'Not this year' was all he said."

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
: