Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:38:11 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Don't Know Who Made This Sign, But Sure Elegant
« previous next »
: [1]
: Don't Know Who Made This Sign, But Sure Elegant  ( 6839 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 18, 2010, 04:52:30 PM »

Henry Raymond
Les Nessman
: 23

« #1 : March 18, 2010, 07:29:28 PM »

That sign is better than our "Welcome to Fairfax" signs.  What would it take to get those replaced?  Anyone got any ideas?

The early bird catches the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #2 : March 19, 2010, 12:19:20 AM »

I know the Boy Scouts are always looking for projects to do, especially the members going for Eagle... might try them...
slpott
: 457

« #3 : March 19, 2010, 05:27:56 AM »

I love our signs. I hope they look the same. Who pays for this to be done? Do we need ro raise the money. I know someone that does wonderful signs.
lena6
: 357

« #4 : March 19, 2010, 07:02:20 AM »

If memory serves me right, our Fairfax signs were made by a young man that had just lost his Dad.  They may not look professional but they have a lot of heart.
Margie
: 156

« #5 : March 19, 2010, 09:13:22 AM »

They were made by an Eagle scout for his big project.  And yes, he had just lost his dad.  I grew up with his father and think of him every time I see the signs...
Les Nessman

« #6 : March 19, 2010, 08:06:35 PM »

I  don't want to sound ungrateful or with out heart...but the signs need to be updated.  I almost feel embarrassed on how beat up and old they look.  I'm proud to live in Fairfax and I think our welcome signs need to be replaced and redesigned.   Whether it's by an eagle scout or a professional.

The early bird catches the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.
gkmcnall
: 130

« #7 : March 19, 2010, 08:12:38 PM »

A caring heart works for me any day. 
Les Nessman

« #8 : March 19, 2010, 08:40:08 PM »

I'm glad a caring heart works for you, but when do we decide to replace the signs, when they're hanging by a nail?  I'm not trying to take away who did it and the circumstances behind it.  I respect that!  However, the signs don't look good.  One of them looks like someone took a 20 gauge shotgun to it.  If everyone's is trying to keep his memory alive, I think having these signs in their current condition is disrespectful.   If there's an eagle scout reading this, please put your skills to use.

ohhman
: 469

« #9 : March 26, 2010, 01:43:14 PM »

The original signs WERE made by a very special young man for his Eagle project some years ago; in my opinion they were much more realistic.  However the signs now were made by a young girl, whom asked permission to redo the signs from the original creator & permission from the landowners to put them up. Maybe check with a coworker @ our in town real estate agent for more info.
Sue W.
: 167

« #10 : March 26, 2010, 02:53:48 PM »

I remember when the original signs were put up!  It was an Eagle Scout project.  I was very impressed by that then in 1999, but then found out that several young men in the troop(?) also made Eagle Scout with various community minded service projects in Fairfax.  One had something to do with the design of a handicap accessible restroom at the historical society.  Anyway, my level of being impressed rose tremendously after learning that, and of what a superior troop leader they had.  I have always been impressed by Eagle Scouts, even before I knew all of the effort, planning, and coordination of a project from beginning to end.  My work place has been the recipiant (SIC?) of two such projects recently.   I like the signs and the memory, but I am not from Fairfax....only chose to send my kids to HS there!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: