Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:03:48 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 3/17/10 and Blog- The Little Things
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 3/17/10 and Blog- The Little Things  ( 5058 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : March 16, 2010, 10:50:41 PM »

Wednesday March 17, 2010
Picture of the Day

Happier times

THE LITTLE THINGS
Sometimes, it's the little things.................
Sunday morning I was laying in bed watching the Formula 1 pre-race show and had a sudden thought-I should get up and go down to let the dog.......out. Never mind.
Coming downstairs in the morning and automatically looking over at the couch because that's where he's usually stretched out.
Opening the cupboard and seeing an empty place where the dog food always is.
Finishing breakfast and not having someone start getting ansy because it's usually time for a walk.
The hardest thing was Monday morning, getting ready to go get the mail, and forcing myself NOT to say anything as I was leaving. Usually, it's, "I'm going to go get the mail, Rex, I'll be back in a while. You be a good boy."
Sigh.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
msm
: 211

« #1 : March 17, 2010, 06:45:51 AM »

You guys need a NEW DOG !!  --  Make the trip back out to the Humane Society and pick out a cute one ---  Note,  we have two dogs from Humane Services ---  Both great pets and companions.

Mike M. 
Suzy
: 429

« #2 : March 17, 2010, 07:45:43 AM »

Great photo, Mike! 
MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : March 17, 2010, 08:00:26 AM »

With Rex's passing, there is this new-found freedom, so to speak. For the past six/seven weeks since his surgery, someone has had to be with him around the clock. I had to come home from work every couple of hours, to let him out, so he wouldn't pee in the house. Someone, usually me, slept on the couch and would take him out every couple of hours.
I'm sure we will get another one at some point. Right now we're still in a grieving period. And adjusting to him not being here.

The picture was taken last March, the first time Margie had the top down on the Beetle. I was trying to take a picture of the thermometer above the mirror, which was reading 63 degrees. When I saw the finished picture, the view in the mirror was perfect.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Suzy
: 429

« #4 : March 17, 2010, 08:47:33 AM »

I always wonder what I might be capturing when I take photos, or shoot video.  Sometimes the results are a surprise.  This was a good "accidental," shot.  Rex looks SO happy going for a ride, and Margie looks very content!
trussell
: 870

« #5 : March 17, 2010, 10:56:35 AM »

When I first saw it I thought "Oh, how nice! Mike posted a photo of his sister! What a great brother..." Then I read the caption. LOL...

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
ohhman
: 469

« #6 : March 17, 2010, 12:52:57 PM »

Mike & Margie, I am sorry for your loss of Rex.  Pets really are an important part of family & we know all too well what it's like to lose one.  Take time to get another, when you both feel it's right; you'll honor Rex's memory by doing so.  karen
: [1]  
« previous next »
: