Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:00:01 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Vermont News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  I guess I will avoid VT if you ALL treat Alaskans this way....
« previous next »
: [1]
: I guess I will avoid VT if you ALL treat Alaskans this way....  ( 7259 )
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« : September 09, 2009, 05:38:44 PM »

Man sentenced for shooting Alaska hunter

Associated Press - September 9, 2009 4:04 PM ET

NEWPORT CITY, Vt. (AP) - A Newport Center man will serve more than two months in prison for shooting and wounding a fellow hunter.

Twenty-2-year-old James Rowell was sentenced Friday for shooting Theron Willard, of Anchorage, Alaska, in the hip last November in Coventry.

Rowell, who pleaded no contest to simple assault with a weapon, says he thought he was shooting at a deer when he hit and wounded Willard.

Police say that Rowell heard screaming after he fired the shot and then went to help.

Willard was taken to North Country Hospital in Newport and then transported to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H., with a non life-threatening injury, the Caledonian-Record reports.

Information from: The Caledonian-Record, http://www.caledonianrecord.com
« : September 09, 2009, 06:45:31 PM Henry »
trussell
: 870

« #1 : September 09, 2009, 06:26:37 PM »

2 months???? I think you get in a lot more trouble than that for shooting a DEER out of season!  Last time I checked, there was no open season on Alaskans around here...

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
dearon
: 233

« #2 : September 10, 2009, 07:03:14 AM »

I agree, know your target! Since when does a human look like a deer, bear, wolf or any other creature they seem to report mistaking you for.
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #3 : December 23, 2009, 10:49:45 AM »

This is a mistake that "NEVER" should happen. 2 months is way to light in my mind.
formerfxfd15
: 21

« #4 : December 23, 2009, 03:42:10 PM »

I guess that is what happens when people simply shoot at Noises, instead of waiting to identify what it is they are shooting at.  2 months is ridiculous.  Potter is right, these types of shootings should never occur in the first place.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: