Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:01:53 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Reviews
| | |-+  Jiffy Lube
« previous next »
: [1]
: Jiffy Lube  ( 3893 )
DrewCrash
: 104

« : March 02, 2010, 08:39:27 AM »

greetings from the warm city of Mexico City. (No, I haven't met anyone here who is from Fairfax).

So last Monday my wife and I went to Jiffy Lube for an oil change and my wife and we agreed to have the air filter changed. My wife leaves Tuesday night to head for MA for a few days. She is complaining that the car is shaking, stalling, and just not driving 'normal.' On Thursday we made an appointment with Rainville and dropped the car off yesterday. My wife tells me the following, per Rainville: The air filter was the wrong size, and was visible jammed in to work. As a result, the air filter was not working and air intake to the engine was not working properly and therefore caused the engine problems. To make a long story short: $530 spent at Rainville and now a fight to get Jiffy Lube to pay for this.

Here is my review on Jiffy Lube: Shame on me for not listening / believing the horror stories of Jiffy Lube. I have been in there for oil changes and part of their routine is to vacuum, fill air in the tires, and of course check windshield wiper fluid. I have air pressure monitors for my car and I know they failed to check the air, fialed to vacuum, and have failed to check the wiper fluid. My point is this, they seem more concerned with turn around time of the cars, then they do following their 30 check inspection routine. Nothing is more evident than by their failure to place in the right air filter into my wife's vehicle.

For those who want to know the specific Jiffy Lube, it was the one in Essex. Here is hoping they reimburse us the $530.

trussell
: 870

« #1 : March 02, 2010, 09:42:50 AM »

Drew,

I rarely speak negatively about businesses but I had my oil drain plug cross-threaded and stripped out by them- and later found two friends that had the same problem, from the same location.  They "did me a favor" by installing a threaded bushing to "get me by" but the result was that I needed a new oil pan.  I traded the car in instead.  The technician claimed "it was like that when we started the job"... but since I typically do my own oil changes I know for a fact that it wasn't...  And no, they didn't reimburse me.  Oh well.

-Trevor

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: [1]  
« previous next »
: