Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:48:09 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Travel Talk from CBA Travel
« previous next »
: [1]
: Travel Talk from CBA Travel  ( 3137 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : February 25, 2010, 12:31:37 PM »

Travel Talk
Travel Tidbits from CBA Travel

The Parking Garage at the Burlington Airport is a pretty good deal for $10.00 a day.  If you are just dropping someone off the first 30 minutes are free, with the next ½ hr for a dollar.  You can park up to 4 hours at a dollar an hour, and then it’s the flat $10.00 rate. 

Now that being said, it’s February break and you are indulging in your annual therapy – along with half the state of Vermont and some of Quebec.  You arrive at the airport at least two hours prior to your flight, like a good traveler should, and you enter…. the Parking Garage.  Around and around you go looking for a space and end up on the roof.  Coming back to a snow covered, frozen car after frolicking in the sun and surf for a week is not a welcomed thought.  My kingdom for a parking space - inside! (OK, that might be a bit extreme.) 

However there is an alternative that you might want to consider.  Some know it as the overflow lot, but the Park and Shuttle offers parking at the same rates and they offer a wonderful added service as well.  You check in at the secured lot, receive your claim ticket and are shuttled to the Airport entrance in a matter of minutes. 

Remember the Parking Garage roof?  Envision this…you arrive from your trip, uh therapy, and you pick up the phone and let them know you are back.  A warm shuttle picks you up and brings you to the Park and Shuttle building.  While you take care of business your car is located, cleaned off, warmed up and delivered to you.  It may not be sun and surf, but it’s a better way to start on the road back to reality!  Just a thought…..

Happy Trails!
Van Lantagne
CBA Travel   

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : February 25, 2010, 03:11:16 PM »

There was BFP story (or maybe a WCAX) that showed cars dust covered and parked in handicapped spots at the garage.  Apparently its free parking for the handicapped, some of the "snowbirds" would park there cars there for LONG periods of time. 

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: