Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:58:42 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  It's a Small World
« previous next »
: [1]
: It's a Small World  ( 9211 )
DrewCrash
: 104

« : February 19, 2010, 05:07:01 PM »

So I am in Manchester, NH last night for a concert and during the intermission I started to talk with the couple sitting behind me. They start off by telling me they are from Burlington, VT and I tell them I am from Fairfax. Well it turns out that they too were from Fairfax. We were quizzing each other about Fairfax, as we couldn't believe we would end up sitting next to each other at a random event 200 miles away from our homes.

It's a small world...
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : February 19, 2010, 05:37:40 PM »

Yup!! You're from Fairfax.  You just keep visiting with total strangers until you find a common connection - Thats the way we are.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #2 : February 19, 2010, 06:32:27 PM »

Drew,  You DID tell them that living in Fairfax requires them to participate in Henry's site, right?

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
msm
: 211

« #3 : February 20, 2010, 09:38:11 PM »

Drew,

I attended A Tampa Bay Ray versus Red Sox game during the summer of 2008 -- The summer the Rays got a hot and went to the World Series.  The Ray stadium was full,  about 38,000 folks -- I started talking to the guy next to me --- He graduated from BFA -- the Big one -- Not the Little one --- He was born and raised in St. Albans ( my birth-place )  .. we knew a bunch of the same people .. ironic huhh   You never know ...  Two small town boys from Franklin county sitting next to each other at a baseball game in Tampa FL...   BTW,  Ray won that night..   :-)

Let's see what happens in 2010   ---

Mike M

Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #4 : February 21, 2010, 03:49:24 AM »

This one time in 1988 when I was enlisted in the USN. I was tossed in jail in Hong Kong and..............
Nevermind..... Mom reads this.
No record AFTER the Chinese took back over..........
God Save The Queen! (Not Palin)
roadkill
: 80

« #5 : February 21, 2010, 07:55:03 AM »

in 1984 at a Monsters of Rock concert in Nurnburg germany my brother and I were waiting in line and recognized another guy from Fairfax about 20 people in front of us. over 150,000 people were there. p.s. I was in Manchester NH yesterday too, didnt see you at the Clam King though Drew. You wernt the guy with the red mini-cooper with Vermont tags getting the speeding ticket was it????
DrewCrash

« #6 : February 21, 2010, 03:51:27 PM »

Thankfully I don't drive a red Mini. I will never reveal what I drive, as half of the people on this here bulletin have likely been passed by me. (You can take the boy of MA, but you can't take the MA driving out of the boy).

Anyway, I was at the Verizon Center to see the Grateful Dead. Sadly, Jerry was not there. But still a fantastic concert none-the-less. Played from 8 to midnight, with a 30 minute intermission. Next time, we can all go together and we can all claim to have run into someone just like I did.

Julie & 6pt Dave
: 179

« #7 : February 21, 2010, 06:10:38 PM »

That has happened to us at least twice in the recent past. We were in Washington DC in a tiny little replica post office in the Smithsonian and ran into our FWSU Superintendant. And once we were in Colonial Williamsburg in the barrel makers site watching barrels being made and we looked over and saw a fellow BFA teacher looking on also. What a small world it can be sometimes!
Mike Raburn

« #8 : February 26, 2010, 05:52:12 AM »

Thankfully I don't drive a red Mini. I will never reveal what I drive, as half of the people on this here bulletin have likely been passed by me. (You can take the boy of MA, but you can't take the MA driving out of the boy).

Anyway, I was at the Verizon Center to see the Grateful Dead. Sadly, Jerry was not there. But still a fantastic concert none-the-less. Played from 8 to midnight, with a 30 minute intermission. Next time, we can all go together and we can all claim to have run into someone just like I did.

Weed........does an extended concert?
DrewCrash

« #9 : February 27, 2010, 10:26:12 AM »

@ Mike: I think you're attempting humor by stereotyping an individual who might attend a Grateful Dead show, but not that funny.
al brodeur
: 216

« #10 : February 28, 2010, 07:57:41 PM »

I live in southwest pa about 25 miles north of Philadelphia and was at the farm where I help out one day and there was a truck with Vt tags on it and then I saw a strange gal emerge from the farrowing barn and i ask if she was the one with the Yankee tagged truck, she replied no its my cousin, so I asked her when she came out where she was from and her reply was a small town . then I told her hit me with it and she said Westford then I replied Fairfax her jaw dropped . she said that she was originally from New Jersey but had moved north but it was obvious to me that I had left fairfax long before she was born
Mike Raburn

« #11 : March 03, 2010, 03:38:27 AM »

@ Mike: I think you're attempting humor by stereotyping an individual who might attend a Grateful Dead show, but not that funny.

Tie Dye and them weird sandals....
I stereo type all walks.....
Do NOT let me get on NASCAR.........Traffic is not a sport.
DrewCrash

« #12 : March 04, 2010, 06:20:51 PM »

Tie Dye and them weird sandals....
I stereo type all walks.....
Do NOT let me get on NASCAR.........Traffic is not a sport.

This was funny. I have heard my share of NASCAR jokes, but I hadn't heard that one.
Mike Raburn

« #13 : March 06, 2010, 12:36:44 AM »

Left turns annoy me.

NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #14 : March 08, 2010, 12:08:54 PM »

A little more on the small world...I currently live in the middle Tennessee area (20 minutes of so from Nashville.) Within an hours drive of me there are at last I knew at least 5 people with ties to Fairfax.  3 hours to the east in the Knoxville area, there are another 6-8.  (Most of these are graduates of BFA....)

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: