Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:29:41 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Well I Stopped & Took A Peek
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Well I Stopped & Took A Peek  ( 13564 )
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #15 : January 30, 2010, 04:22:36 AM »

AMEN!!!!!!

Football WITHOUT Beer is SINFUL!

GO BILLs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuggin A, Bubba!~!!!!!!!!
mirjo
: 785

« #16 : February 01, 2010, 12:07:58 PM »

I will consult on the ethics and business opportunities that alcohol at high school games can bring a small town like Fairfax and I will reference 17 counties in Texas and Alabama that already do this.

Careful now, we are not only off, off topic, there are some folks out there who do believe that anyone who takes a sip of the green tea has a "problem" with it. While there are always down sides to people drinking too much (aka "the riff raff") I think it's not the majority, but some do think that it is.

While it is highly unlikely that Vermont would ever allow alcohol at  HS football games, I think a little bar here in town would be a nice addition. Could it do an adequate business to stay open? 104 is a pretty busy commuter route, so it seems reasonably possible.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
trussell
: 870

« #17 : February 01, 2010, 02:08:27 PM »

I have a feeling that a little bar in town could survive if we had a few "Mike Raburns" around :D

I too enjoy a 'green tea' once in a while.  Organic, of course.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #18 : February 01, 2010, 04:19:28 PM »

Let the football boosters sell beer and hotdogs instead of coffee. And Fairfax could have a astro turf, lights and a dome.

You got to sell what people want, when they need it.
DrewCrash
: 104

« #19 : February 01, 2010, 07:22:15 PM »

Selling alcohol at a high school is so incredible wrong I can't begin to tell you how wrong it is. I was so incredible joking and seriously doubt any high school in Texas allows this. I made that 'stat' up. So yes, I agree if we sold alcohol at Fairfax HS football games, the team would have a dome and one of those Jerry Jones television sets too!

We would make the news for the first drunk driver to drive across a field while the game was in progress. A girlfriend of a player, who is 22 (but dating a 17 year old), would get drunk and would find out that her boyfriend was also dating a cheerleader. The pursuing fight would be the #1 video in YouTube's history...

The more I think about it, the town could make a lot of money. But what a great and immoral community we would live in. I am so torn. See what sarcasm leads to? Choices...  :-)

DrewCrash
: 104

« #20 : February 01, 2010, 07:26:32 PM »

and yes, if there was a local bar, I would love to go it. I am already picturing which one of you is the appropriate corresponding character in Cheers.

so far...

@trussell: Fraiser
@Mummy: Lilith
@Henry: Coach
@mirjo: Cliff
@ Mike Rayburn: Norm

it's a start anyways.
mirjo
: 785

« #21 : February 02, 2010, 12:52:05 AM »

Sarcasm is a beautiful thing when one employs it properly!

I could go for being Cliff, I'm full of useless information, but I might be better suited as Carla :D

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
trussell
: 870

« #22 : February 02, 2010, 09:05:56 AM »

Oh, I would SO love to be Fraiser! That's awesome!

And yes Mirjo, I think you'd make a great Carla ;)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #23 : February 04, 2010, 10:45:52 PM »

any official word yet on when they are going to open?!?!?  soon i hope?
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: