Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:05:53 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Walmart Wins Case - Can Build In St. Albans
« previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4]
: Walmart Wins Case - Can Build In St. Albans  ( 40720 )
trussell
: 870

« #45 : January 29, 2010, 04:49:02 PM »

Mirjo, I think Drew is drinking more than coffee.  Something tells it it's that "green tea" in his hand!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
DrewCrash
: 104

« #46 : January 29, 2010, 05:05:14 PM »

In regards to my green tea, keep your hands away from it!
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #47 : January 29, 2010, 09:34:47 PM »

So how is it that two stores that have the same basic concept, sell the same basic stuff, serve the same basic demographic, have vastly different reputations? It's a mystery Scooby. Must be the logo is more appealing?

I do not get it either.

I go to Target instead of Walmart IF I have to go some place rather than a locally owned business.
Walmart seems "dirty" to me.
No idea why.

I went to a locally owned ACE Hardware here looking for something.
I couldn't find it and asked where it was.

The punk kid said he didn't know but I should go to Home Depot.
I told him IF I wanted to go to Home Depot I would.

I looked on my own for about 10 more minutes and found it.

The computer I built I bought all of the parts from a local guy.
I priced them on New Egg after and I may have saved $40.00 on parts.
The shipping would have been $50.00 UPS.
I'd rather pay a little more and help the locals rather than UPS. Even though UPS has a big hub up here.

Enough Rambling.

SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESS WHEN YOU CAN!!!!!
DrewCrash
: 104

« #48 : January 29, 2010, 10:50:26 PM »

agreed. KMart got sloppy and it helped Wal-Mart gain massive amounts of market share in the retail industry. Caldor, Ann&Hope, Ames, Zayres, Service Merchandise, Circuit City, Lechmere, and Bradless all faltered in one way or another as national and regional chains. And in the end, the growing Wal-Mart out of Arkansas expanded and consumed market share. The revolt is that people want options which Wal-Mart took away as being so good. KMart cleaned up. They got much better and bought Sears for pete's sake. But their reputation was damaged with shoppers who didn't go back. Target saw the opening and I think they recognized that Wal-Mart was a little 'trashy, dirty, or sloppy' and they are present clean crisp stores with a nice 'atmosphere' to them. Their logo is even appealing. There must be certain people who get paid a lot of money to recognize shopper psychology.  Ultimately I agree that they are the same stores, with one being cleaner and presented nicer inside. Shoppers fall for that, but that's what I like. Either way, still thankful for a Wal-Mart. And yes, supporting local is still good. I buy everything I possible can from J&L; Fairfax Pharmacy; haircut in town too; and I always make a point to fill my gas up at one of the three gas stations. And yes, my car is also exclusively worked on by Rainville's. But sometimes you just need something you can't get locally, like vacuum sealed bags, rubbermaid/tupperware, some new DVDs or video games, low cost/high quality infant formula made in Georgia, VT...

Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #49 : January 30, 2010, 04:25:16 AM »

Wat is a DVD?

Drew, you are too literate for me......
You make complete,
sentences.
mirjo
: 785

« #50 : February 01, 2010, 01:12:38 AM »

According to my sources within the Vermont technology community, the following revision changes to the Ghostbusters' equipment are under way.

As an EMT in town Drew, I am concerned that you have perhaps recently spent a bit too much time in the paint isle at J&L while "buying local?" :D

I find your Ghostbusters theory both entertaining and fascinating, you have clearly given this a great deal of thought; meaning you are an ardent Ghostbuster's Fanatic (think: Trekki) or  have  too much time on your hands to watch 80's pop-culture films and adapt  them to modern day situations?

So, help me with this...the proton packs will still suck up PKE or they won't? or they will do it in a newly refurbished high-tech-tmi-to fully-understand-kind-of-way? Will they still make that cool sound (wasn't there a geiger counter type sample that went with that?) AND, what about the Sta-Puff Marshmallow Man?

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
: