Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:46:59 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Hearing Lots Of Positives About Steeple Market
« previous next »
: [1]
: Hearing Lots Of Positives About Steeple Market  ( 5952 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 18, 2010, 10:32:57 AM »

From what I have heard and observed, our New Steeple Market is all that it was thought it would be.  The employees are all friendly and helpful, something that the Old Steeple Market was lacking.  People like to go into a store and be greeted, not ignored.  The new crew at Steeple Market is very friendly. 

I would be remiss if I did not mention that the friendly face and helpful attitude of Rob Mahoney is also a welcome addition.  He keeps an eye open for people in need of help finding things.

The deli has a nice variety of hot items as well as some in the cooler that can be zapped in the microwave.  The cleanliness of the store and displays is also a great improvement.

Henry Raymond
Cat

« #1 : January 18, 2010, 11:06:33 AM »

I agree the store is much better in the way it looks & variety. I think many employees of the old store were friendly also. I know I was always treated very nice.

mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : January 20, 2010, 06:53:14 PM »

I love the new Steeple Market!  Being on a "Healthy Eating and Exercise Program" right now, I am able to pick up something on the fly there that meets my needs. Plus once a month I eat their yummy Prime Rib they cook on Thursday nights.

The staff is terrific and they seem to really enjoy working there as well!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #3 : January 22, 2010, 09:13:54 AM »

Only criticism i've heard and encountered first hand, was that some items do not have prices on them - specifically produce - not even a per pound price on a shelf near/under them - thus you don;t find out until you get to the register how much something actually is;  Feedback thas was postively given in the first weeks of re-opening and months later, after not beign addressed, has now become a criticism.

Beyond that, i've heard a lot of great things from a lot of people - and agree with the above-mentioned compliments.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #4 : January 22, 2010, 09:33:41 AM »

The General Manager's name is Rob Mahoney and I would suggest that if you have some complaints or concerns that you speak directly with Rob.  If he doesn't happen to be there, I am sure if you leave your phone number he will give you a call.  I do know that some people have expressed their complaints to the check-out clerks, who I am sure pass on the information, but much better in my opinion if you go directly to Rob who's main interest, at least with my experience with him, is customer satisfaction.  He certainly does want to keep the customers satisfied.

Henry Raymond
celts79

« #5 : January 23, 2010, 11:01:28 PM »

edited ...
« : January 24, 2010, 05:24:57 PM celts79 »
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #6 : January 24, 2010, 03:19:47 AM »

Just under a year and the market is up and running.
That is a momentus achievement!
Hats off to all that made it happen!

Also I am glad Celts is here. He makes me seem less prickly!

What ya think, ED????
msm
: 211

« #7 : January 24, 2010, 09:04:07 AM »

Celt,

You know who to stir the pot but I am taking the bait.  I trust you are kidding but wanted to set the record straight.

From my perspective,  you need to garner an improved understanding of the town including the ' Town Hall '  .. This building has a 100 years of history, history that should be preserved not torn down.   I'm sure you know this building was the principal's house, prior to becoming the Town Office.   This office has a quant, New England, charactor, why build a new cement block building with no sense of history no charactor at all,  when you have a town heirlom available ?    Secondly, you're worried about taxes ( commented via several posts this week) .. The town kept your tax's down when they chose to re-use this historic building.  Tearing down history and paving it over with a parking lot doesn't work for me or the Town's people of Fairfax.

Finally,  you're also insulted the BFA Staff and Gradutates.  From my perspective,  the school has done an above average job educating our children.  BFA Fairfax is a source of immense Communiity Pride. Again,  you have no idea oif this sense of history either.   It consistently graduates students that attend some of the best Uniiversities in the country,  including recent Harvard Graduates.  Many of my relatives have graduated from the little BFA,  we have done very well, with professions including;  Educators,  Professors,  Doctors, Dairy Farmers, Corporate Managers, Corporate Officers.

You are obviosuly new to Fairfax,  you have some valid ideas  ( expanding tax base )  but your approach totally sucks.  You immedaitely criticize without having any accurate background knowledge.    Since you are retired,  I will assume you have spare time on your hands.   I recommend you get involved with the town governent,  go attend a Select Board Meeting or perhaps the DRB suits your interest.  You can listen and learn.  Bring your constructive ideas to the table.  I'm sure a person of your expereince and knowledge can be a valuable asset to the town.  Get involved,  learn the history and use your skills to assist the local residents with their local tax concerns.

Respectfully,  Mike McNall
Mike M

celts79

« #8 : January 24, 2010, 11:10:53 AM »

edited ...
« : January 24, 2010, 05:24:36 PM celts79 »
msm
: 211

« #9 : January 24, 2010, 04:53:15 PM »

Celts79,

I gotcha -- take care --  I'm out of this one.

Mike
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #10 : January 24, 2010, 11:07:27 PM »

Amen well said Mike

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
mirjo
: 785

« #11 : January 25, 2010, 10:17:25 PM »

skeesh, celts79 has been scared off the forum for saying things people don't like, unfortunately, I have missed all of them and think it's unfortunate that someone feels the need to edit every post he's made because others are offended by his opinion. Whatever it was he's entitled to it, just as the rest of us are entitled to ours. None of us agree 100%, so why lash out at someone else's opinion? Since that is really all that it is. I hope he comes back and gets involved in the forum again, but somehow, I'm not seeing it with all the hissing he's received. Guess he doesn't believe in what he's been saying or he'd be defending it more.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: