Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:21:53 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 12/31/09 and Blog- Goodbye 2009
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 12/31/09 and Blog- Goodbye 2009  ( 2694 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : December 30, 2009, 11:13:30 PM »

Thursday December 31, 2009
Pictures of the Day

Monday

Wednesday. 48 hours later.

GOODBYE 2009
And so another year passes and we begin anew....................
And with it a new decade.

The Fairfax Historical Society will be taking a look at the single digit decade at the next meeting, which I am tentatively scheduling for Saturday January 23rd, probably in the afternoon at the library.

2009 saw a new Steeple Market rise from the ashes of the fire last Christmas.
A new president was inaugurated back in January. Times continue to be tough.
We manage to struggle on through, though.
Route 104 finally got some new asphalt.
The Yankees won the World Series.
The Lakers won the NBA title.
Not good news for Boston fans.
Pittsburgh had a pair of championships-The Steelers in the Super Bowl, and the Penguins in the Stanley Cup.

On a personal note, I creep closer to having a kidney transplant. I go into the hospital in a couple of weeks to have a fistula put in my wrist in anticipation of going on dialysis.

In the next few days I will go through my pictures that I have posted here on Henry's site and pick out some highlights for some photo blogs.
I want to thank Henry for allowing me to come onto his site after the debacle called the Sale of Our Phone Lines to Fairpoint. I tried to come up with another site, but have decided to hang around here. Thank you, Henry!!

Happy New Year, everyone!!!

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : December 31, 2009, 09:55:23 AM »

Happy New Year to you Mike, and thanks for all the great photos throughout the year.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: