Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:07:31 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Another Successful Hunting Story
« previous next »
: [1]
: Another Successful Hunting Story  ( 3223 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 27, 2009, 01:08:02 PM »

About a week or two ago, my youngest grandson came into the house and announced that some animal was starring at him out in the garage when he came in - Everybody kind of Pooh Poohed him as telling a story, however, his father heard a noise out in the garage and saw the animal through the window and took a picture of him.  They put a rice Krispie treat out there and sure enough, they found out that possums, which is what the animal was, like rice Krispie treats, however didn't seem to like them in the trap.

My son-in-law Mike was off to shop for a hav-a-hart trap and has had it set ever since and had just about given up catching the critter, however, just a few minutes ago, he posted the following photos on face book.  Now all he has to do is decide, where do you dispose of a live healthy possum?  The bait that caught the varmit was Cheetos.

« : December 27, 2009, 06:58:14 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : December 27, 2009, 06:46:01 PM »

Henry                        One possible solution to your question regarding disposal of a possum.....it tastes like chicken....so, ..........skin it and boil it ......a delicacy in the south !!!!!!   
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : December 27, 2009, 06:57:40 PM »

Ah Yes Dick, now you know my daughter Lynn and I have serious doubts the possum will ever hit the pots & pans in that kitchen - Now if Special Ed from the forum hears about it, he may want it shipped up here.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #3 : December 27, 2009, 08:44:01 PM »

I'm sure Special Ed could swing by on his way back from PA.  I don't think he has a possum hanging on his wall yet...

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Dick Brown
: 414

« #4 : December 27, 2009, 10:32:27 PM »

Henry     Down our way ( Central Florida ) the possums are more trouble then raccoons with raiding outside garbage...and some of them grow to a good size.......big enough to feed a family of 8 or 10 .
I'm heading back there Monday morning and will be looking to tune into the Forum again when I arrive Tuesday afternoon....also hope not to scrap the windshield in the mornings for awhile !!!
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #5 : December 27, 2009, 11:53:32 PM »

Just had a possum up here at my house about a month back.  Use to see them in California all the time but this was the first time I've ever seen one in Vermont.  I didn't know they were this far north.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]  
« previous next »
: