Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:50:18 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 12/23.09 and Photo Blog- A Good Cause
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 12/23.09 and Photo Blog- A Good Cause  ( 2610 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : December 23, 2009, 12:25:30 AM »

Wednesday December 23, 2009
Picture of the Day

Mmmmmmmm................................Margie was baking Tuesday night. Homemade rolls and coffee cake.

A GOOD CAUSE

Kitty Cassidy's and Deb Howard's classes have done a fundraiser for the Franklin County Humane Society for a while now. In the past, they would ask for donations of items that the Society needs-blankets, pet food, paper towels, etc. They had some success. The last couple of years, they made a switch with great results. For a $1 donation, you can have your pet's name(past or present), put on an ornament, and they decorate a tree. Last year they raised over 500 dollars for the Humane Society. That included a Denim Day. This year, with just ornaments, they raised about $430 dollars.

I gave a dollar, and here's Rex's ornament! Mrs. Cassidy said the kids get really excited to see their pet's name on an ornament.

Rex. The last few animals that we have had, have come from the Franklin County Humane Society. Next year, if they do this I will try to get the word out sooner.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: