Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:43:17 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Shiver Me Timbers!! Get Out The Heavy Winter Clothing
« previous next »
: [1]
: Shiver Me Timbers!! Get Out The Heavy Winter Clothing  ( 3452 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 15, 2009, 10:07:31 AM »

Well, I made one wise decision - got my walkway cleared and ice removed and put lots of salt on so nobody, including me, will fall and get hurt.  Looks like after tonight, there won't be any melting of snow, even with salt for a while.  I have got to take a run down to the Hallmark Store in Essex Junction to pick up some special cards for some special people.  Think I will do that after the Senior Luncheon today and before the Artic Blast moves in.

A clipper system will move through the North Country today, scattering a few snow and rain showers.  Temperatures will be relatively mild with highs in the 30s.

But once that clipper goes by tonight, a chunk of very cold, Arctic air will come barreling in on brisk NW winds.  Temperatures will drop into the teens tonight and they will barely come up during the day on Wednesday.  Winds will continue to be blustery out of the NW on Wednesday and Thursday, creating wind chills in the single digits above and below zero.

The cold air will stay with us right through the end of the week and into the weekend.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : December 15, 2009, 12:05:38 PM »

I WANT NOVEMBER BACK!!
If I was really greedy, I'd be asking for July or August.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Julie & 6pt Dave
: 179

« #2 : December 15, 2009, 08:14:46 PM »

Check out these temps from 2008 just before Christmas.  Don't know what the wind chill was but we had pretty high gusts on a couple of days.

Dave

MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : December 15, 2009, 11:30:17 PM »

Could you remind us what the stats were for Christmas Eve?
All I know was that the wind was howling, and it was raining that night. Because we were out in it trying to save Steeple Market, to no avail.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Julie & 6pt Dave
: 179

« #4 : December 16, 2009, 07:51:09 AM »

Good memory Mike.  Over a half inch of rain and 30+ mph wind gusts during the time of the fire.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: