Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:53:29 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 12/9/09 and Blog- The First Winter Storm
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 12/9/09 and Blog- The First Winter Storm  ( 4124 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : December 09, 2009, 12:06:55 AM »

Wednesday December 9, 2009
Picture of the Day

Main Street

THE FIRST WINTER STORM
And away we go................
Wednesday could be interesting.
Three to six inches of snow and high winds. Or so they say.
It's been a nice late fall, but all good things come to an end, I guess.
At least I have the plastic on the house. That will help...........a little.
The shovels are ready. The phone will be next to the bed, in case I get "The Phone Call".

Everything at school is now automated. Used to be, former BFA principal Dick Brown would arrive at school and confer with the road crew about the status of school for that day if there was a lot of snow. If a decision was made to close school for a snow day, Dick would then sit by the phone and answer when it rang, He would pick up and inveriably, someone was calling to see if there was school that day. Dick would beat then to the punch by answering the phone with, "Good Morning, BFA, there is no school today." I was on days at the time and was in the office when someone called. He answered, gave the quick speil, then chuckled and hung up. I asked why the chuckle? He said, "I said there was no school today, and the kid's voice on the other end hollared, 'Yee-haw!' and hung up".

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Suzy
: 429

« #1 : December 09, 2009, 08:32:07 AM »

Yeeeeeee-haaaaaaw, Mike!  (and Dick!)
I'll even throw in a Woooo Hooooooo for good measure!
Enjoy your snow day, everyone!
Love,
Sooz
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #2 : December 10, 2009, 11:35:26 AM »

Anyone else find it ironic that Mr. Brown now spends the winters in Florida?

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
ohhman
: 469

« #3 : December 11, 2009, 01:18:55 PM »

He is a very wise man!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: