Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:15:15 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Troops Will Start Leaving Afghanistan "Well Before" End Of Obama's Term
« previous next »
: [1]
: Troops Will Start Leaving Afghanistan "Well Before" End Of Obama's Term  ( 2293 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 01, 2009, 01:57:02 PM »

A senior administration official says that President Barack Obama will tell the American people Tuesday night that U.S. troops will start leaving Afghanistan "well before" the end of his first term.

The rough outlines of a withdrawal plan will be part of the revamped Afghanistan strategy that Obama is announcing in a speech from West Point. He also is announcing that he is sending 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan over the next six months, an accelerated war escalation that would have the first Marines there as early as Christmas, one senior administration official said.

Another official said the exit strategy Obama outlines with the troop increase will have a starting point of sometime before the end of 2012.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: